D&D (2024) Are you a pure WotC player?

Assuming you play/run 5e, do you only use WotC material?

• I only own WotC products for RPGs.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • I own some non-WotC products, but don't use them at the table.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I play 5e (or something similar, like A5E) using non-WotC material.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • I don't play 5e.

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Poll closed .

Oofta

Legend
I use some stuff from DmsGuild like a pdf on the Archfey but I mostly run a homebrew campaign since I've never found published mods to be worth my time since I run a very open mostly sandbox campaign. I've occasionally purchased mods for inspiration and ideas on background, but in the rare case I do I've purchased WOTC.

SAVeira

Adventurer
Run published adventures, but I also run adventure from the DMsGuild. Open to material from certain 3PPs like Kobol Press.

MrGrenadine

Explorer
I don’t think my style is reflected as a choice, which may be on purpose, so please ignore this if so!

I currently play 5e with a mixture of WotC books and non-WotC books I own.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I’ll use 3rd party adventures and DM-facing material. For OC options I usually keep it restricted to WotC-published stuff, or if I’m running a 3PP campaign, any player options specifically for that campaign. Mostly cause it’s easier that way than vetting any and every random race or subclass a player finds on the internet.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Within 5e I have a number of monster books, and additional rules like Strongholds and Followers.

But what I'd like to add to the poll options is that I also play OGL games, like 13th Age. And OGL video games, like Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Which is a fantastic 5e implementation, a lot more loyal to the SRD rules than the new Balder's Gate.

Remove ads