D&D 5E Are You Excited about Tomb of Annihilation?

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
First I couldn't even parse this sentence. Now that I know what it means, I am having trouble closing my mouth.

Have you read the book? I think, if done well, it'll be a fun movie with lots of nostalgic moments. Not sure why RPO gets such hate. It's not "literature" but it's also not terrible.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
[sblock]"Taking resurrection off the table means the stakes are even higher in the trap-filled tomb of the demilich Acererak."[/sblock]

Does anyone know if this means they're about to reprint/update the dungeon they just released?!

It does seem a bit odd to have back to back ToH homages.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
[sblock]"Taking resurrection off the table means the stakes are even higher in the trap-filled tomb of the demilich Acererak."[/sblock]

Does anyone know if this means they're about to reprint/update the dungeon they just released?!

New dungeon.

hawkeyefan

Legend
"Wizards of the Coast enlisted more playtesters to try the Dungeons & Dragons Tomb of Annihilation module than any adventure it has released before. Why? Because they were afraid no one would survive it."

I'll believe it when I see it.

No you won't!

:p

It seems that the tomb in question will be an entirely different dungeon, but the story will be building on the past appearances by and stories involving Acererak. So I woudl expect smo similar themes and/or creatures and traps. But, based on the material they've released about the book so far, it sounds like the actual Tomb of Annihilation will be one site among many in Chult where the adventure can go to. They said it can be played very sandboxy or more linear, depending on how the DM wants to handle it.

Remove ads