D&D 5E are you going to buy stock

Are you going to buy stock in Hasbro to force a change?

• Yes, and band together with friends at the shareholding meeting

• No, I would have thousands of share to make a difference.

Results are only viewable after voting.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I only do stock options (calls and puts) temporary contracts usually less than a year to expiration, which is more like gambling than typical stock purchases, which is gambling too. While some stocks are still earning income, energy companies and fertilizer companies, most of the stock market is screwed for 2023, so I avoid buying any stock from any company. I have physical gold. Now once I achieve my financial goals with my current IRAs, I will be buying dividend paying stocks only, about 20 of them, most of them REITs (real estate investment trusts). Otherwise I'm not a stock buyer, rather a stock options gambler...

jasper

Rotten DM
You want to reward Hasbro / WotC by driving up their stock price?
No.... There is something called VOTING SHARES. You buy enough of those and get your friends to buy those, then you can at least get into the conference call. Buy enough you can try to vote yourself on to the board.

jgsugden

Legend
No.... There is something called VOTING SHARES. You buy enough of those and get your friends to buy those, then you can at least get into the conference call. Buy enough you can try to vote yourself on to the board.
The number of shares - and the total cost for those shares - are not realistic. And even if you could buy that many shares - you would be driving up the stock price with that much purchasing in a short period of time.

Hasbro has about 140 Million shares outstanding. Current share price is $66 - down about a third from the start of last year.

They have a market cap of over $9 Billion dollars. How much money do you think this type of effort would require to make a meaningful impact? I'm not talking about being a crackpot at the shareholder meeting - I'm talking about representing enough of the company to get attention.

Frosthaven generated $13 Million on Kickstarter. We'd need to get hundreds of millions to even get a blip on the radar here ... and if people buy into this plan, what are they getting out of it as a return? There is a good chance in this economy that anyone that buys Hasbro stock right now is going to see it devalued over the next year. Anyone buying into this scheme is likely throwing money away.

The good news for the people currently holding the stock is that this would 'artifically' inflate it and give them a chance to get a bump up.

aco175

Legend
I expect we have more leverage as disgruntled customers than we do as stockholders.
But as stockholders we can sit around with top hats and smoke cigars like that guy from Monopoly.
1673925765539.png

Remove ads