• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you going to buy the Revised rulebooks?

Will u buy the revised WotC rulebooks?

• Yes

Votes: 182 58.3%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 96 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 34 10.9%

JeffB

Legend
Absolutely. I'm not one to throw much money at WOTC lately. I've been rather dissapointed with most 3E products produced by them (barring the FR books, though I don't run FR and the MoTP). Dropped my subs to Dragon & Dungeon, and spend my money elsewhere in the D20 market.

But they will get my money for these :D The latter D20 rule books like D20M, CoC, and SWRCB, are better in layout, clarity, and organization by leaps and bounds. I'm looking forward to the updates.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Yep.

I've gotten my moneys worth and more from the core rules. I have no problem replacing them with a better version thereof.

John Crichton

First Post
I've never clicked 'yes' quicker.

I'll be buying them because I need a new PHB anyway and if it clears up the current rules and allows me to toss my current errara (I know there will be more) out the window, I'm in. The extra rDMG pages can only help, IMO. Maybe they will even get some more input from Monte. :cool:

And as for the rMM, I would leap at some new formatting that was less jumpy. :)

Sure. Whether I buy them right as they're released or not remains to be seen, of course. I still haven't bought the new Star Wars, although I fully intend to some day. Then again, I haven't really played much Star Wars, so my "need" for it isn't as pressing. But I still really don't see why I wouldn't buy these. Even though my books are still in pretty good shape. I really have to wonder how you guys are tearing your books up already! ;)

pogre

Legend
3 years really is not to bad to put out a revised version - especially one that is cleaned up.

I always pick up the new version of Warhammer when it comes out and they averaged around 3 or 4 years for the 4th, 5th, and 6th editions.

cbatt

First Post
If all they do is reformat the pages and update the look to get in line with their newer, far superior looking, products, then I'll be buying it.

The errata and new content is just a bonus for me. :)

As an aside, I do have a comments to make: RP gamers have to be some of the cheapest, whiniest consumers around. Why is that?

It takes 3 years to get a much needed point release, and all most of us do is sit around and bitch that we have to pay "big dollars" for it.

Every single year a "new" edition of Madden, NHL Hockey, NBA Live, and umpteen other sports video games are released at $50 each. And like clockwork, and without uttering a peep, people flock to the stores to buy the latest version of their pet game which is usually little more than a refresh of player stats from the previous year.

Now here's WoTC refreshing their product and adding a few minor bells and whistles and yet the cries of "foul play" are drowning out almost everything else.

Now don't tell me it's because RPGers are primarily high-school and college aged kids with little disposable income. Because that's also the market that sucks up a million copies of each of the sports games I mentioned earlier. That group has money for this kind of stuff. $90US for the D3D core rules is Metroid Prime + Splinter Cell - and you don't have to shell out $300 for an XBox + $200 for a 'Cube to play those games on.

Bitch bitch bitch...

Remove ads