• I'm back after playing other game(s)

Votes: 114 39.3%
  • I'm back after a period of no gaming

Votes: 51 17.6%
  • I'm not playing 5E and this thread is not for me

Votes: 32 11.0%

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Can someone please explain edition warring, I keep pissing in umbrains wheaties without realizing it and he keeps handing private infarctions. Is just the slightest mention of not liking 4E edition warring? It seems alot of people dont like 4E and have noted that dislike in this thread, or am I on this mods :):):):) list? Morris, please get this mod to move on or something.

Scott

After 4E came out, well, especially after 4E came out, lots of threads would become back and forths between those who liked it and those who didn't. This derailed a lot of threads, led to a great deal of animosity, and, most importantly, got to be pretty tedious, so it was banned.

So no, if I think PF is the worst parts of 3.5 x 10, I don't go around insisting on that, or really say it all. I just don't post it.

This thread is a bit tricky, clearly people are switching for reasons, but "I like 5e better" is nicer and more acceptable then saying 3E, or 4E, or PF suck.

sgtscott658

First Post
Well ya, 5E is much better and this thread seems seems to encourage that sort of thinking. I think if one of us regular joe's had started this same type of the thread, the mods would be all over us in a New York Minute for possibly inciting edition wars.

After 4E came out, well, especially after 4E came out, lots of threads would become back and forths between those who liked it and those who didn't. This derailed a lot of threads, led to a great deal of animosity, and, most importantly, got to be pretty tedious, so it was banned.

So no, if I think PF is the worst parts of 3.5 x 10, I don't go around insisting on that, or really say it all. I just don't post it.

This thread is a bit tricky, clearly people are switching for reasons, but "I like 5e better" is nicer and more acceptable then saying 3E, or 4E, or PF suck.

Dartavian

Explorer
Seriously what I don’t get is why anyone in their right mind would waste time and energy posting about an edition of D&D that they do not like. If 5th Edition D&D is not for you, play & purchase things from earlier editions you like, there isn’t anything stopping you. Even though 5th Edition D&D to me is nearly perfect for my play style, I don’t hold anything against anyone that disagrees with my opinion, “to each his own”. For the communities sake it would be a much healthier choice to post & visit sub forums dedicated to the edition of D&D or other game that is more to your liking. Move on, get over it, find some peace and become an asset to the RPG community instead of a liability!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Well ya, 5E is much better and this thread seems seems to encourage that sort of thinking. I think if one of us regular joe's had started this same type of the thread, the mods would be all over us in a New York Minute for possibly inciting edition wars.

There are lots of 5E threads saying how great it is. And there are some with informed criticism of why it is not always great. Thats true for PF, 4E, OSR games, other games, as well.

Go ahead, start a thread on why you like a particular game or edition. No one will shut it down.

Xorne

First Post
I played since BECMI. Loved BECMI, loved AD&D (1e), was playing Palladium Games during most of 2E, came back to D&D for 3.x, got bored of it and stopped RPGing at all, then jumped into 4E, really liked it at first then it got repetitive I suppose, so I stopped again, then got into 13th Age which I really loved. Now I'm back into 5E and it really feels like the best edition I've played so far.

Boarstorm

First Post
[MENTION=6777632]sgtscott658[/MENTION] :
A quick guide for useful forum communication --
Don't say X sucks. Say you prefer Y. Don't say people who like X are stupid/wrong/whatever. Say that your playstyle differs from theirs.

It's okay to have preferences and even to express them. But if you want to avoid the infractions, do so respectfully.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Folks,

Please remember that we expect you to follow The Rules. There's a link to them at the bottom of *every* forum page.

Among those, we state the expectation that if you have an issue with moderation, you should take it up in private discussion with a moderator. Simple, straightforward, and far more effective than trying to hash it out in-thread.

Thanks for your time and attention - we now return you to your original discussion.

Remove ads