• I'm back after a period of no gaming

Votes: 51 17.6%
  • I'm not playing 5E and this thread is not for me

Votes: 32 11.0%

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
SgtScott658 will not be back in this conversation for a while. Please carry on without him.

Markh3rd

Explorer
Started with the Moldvay basic box set and then the AD&D 1st edition for awhile. Skipped 2nd-3.5 during college years and young adult life. Came back to Pathfinder as D&D next was beginning to start it's playtest. Quickly realized 5E felt closer to my original D&D experience than pathfinder and have been enjoying it since.

Pandamonium87

First Post
I'm returning from Pathfinder. I was looking for a simpler and less rule-lawyering oriented system. After the last books PF became unplayable IMHO so I switched to 5E.

I had left dd since 4th came out

Last edited:

Seether

Villager
I may love these new rules, and I am using them, but it's not really just the rules that are bringing me back. I'm a FR guy and the 4e destruction of the Realms (in the Realms, whatever) made me sell a significant portion of my books off in disgust. Now it looks like they have somehow miraculously repaired (or at least made acceptable) the lore and I am regretting my decisions.

Stormonu

Legend
I think this will be the third time I've come back to D&D. I first stopped in late 2E, when the game got a bit long in the tooth; departed for a few years of Vampire - 3E brought me back. Then, children - so I missed a few years during that time. Final one happened in early 4E, moved on to greener pastures with Pathfinder and other games and discovered Savage Worlds (squee!!!). 5E's release has partially brought me back, though I only followed the 1st playtest packet before I jumped in with the Starter set and the full rules.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases