D&D General Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over The Recent OGL Developments?

Are You Seriously Planning to Stop Playing and/or Running D&D Over he Recent OGL Developments?

• Yes

Votes: 95 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 122 56.2%

Scribe

Legend
I've never used 3rd-party material and honestly have always thought the OGL was absurdly generous on WotC's part to the point of foolishness. so that's a no from me.

Absolutely, but I come from a line of hobby where displeasure is expressed via the burning/melting of previously purchased goods when a company does something we disapprove of.

(Ref: Games Workshop - Killing WHFB)

Stopping playing, boycotting?

200.gif

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Kind of? I'll probably still buy 3rd party supplements, but be done with the core rules. I just released a FKR game designed to be used with D&D supplements (Wyrm Game Simulacrum). I'll probably use that going forward. I'll probably still run Basic Fantasy, Blueholme, OSRIC, and other D&D clones, too.

Last edited:

i once had plans to pick up OneD&D stuff and see if it was worth trying to replace the stuff I already own. Between this OGL stuff and what Hasbro has been doing to MTG, I do not plan to directly buy anything WotC produces ever again. I might buy MTG singles off the secondary market for Commander decks, but I'll hoist the Jolly Roger before I buy another D&D book. Or just switch over to A5E.

gnarlygninja

Explorer
I'm not planning on forcing my group to do anything, and a friend of mine is running his first game right now using 5e so I don't plan to stop playing, but I have already told them that as it stands I probably won't run anymore dnd games. I'm certainly not spending any more money on Hasbro products.

Alby87

Adventurer
Replied "NO", cause I will end the campaign I'm mastering, but this doesn't means I will start new ones or buy something from WotC again (that Book of Many Things. If it is what I think is, that would have been a "must buy" book for the community, can't belive what they did to the IP...)

Stop instantly? The day the new OGL is announced? No. I have a couple ongoing 5e games. We'll finish the campaigns.

But I will not spend money on the next edition of D&D if they go through with what's been reported on OGL 1.1. Before this drama, the group had assumed that we would upgrade to 1D&D at some point after it's release. Now, we'll be looking into alternatives.

Remove ads