• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Arena of War - Chapter 1: In Character

Axel

First Post
I'm confused. You're movement was 35'. Was that your intent or did you not mean H? You can dash for 60' or do 90' total if using Cunning Action? You could move 5' less and still have an action? Let me know.

Very sorry! I meant R. Should be 1 square up the board from Drek.

Shayuri

First Post
Valya considers her options, but decides that facing an enemy on two fronts is very unwise. It's best to destroy the weaker foe first, so that everyone can focus their attacks on the stronger foe that is still coming. She moves to the south and from her fingertips spews lightning in a torrent, to try to finish off the badly damaged skeleton!

(Move to G12 and use Shocking Grasp on the damaged skeleton. [roll0] to hit, for [roll1] lightning damage, and if it survives after a hit, it can't take oppertunity actions. She'll then move back to her original starting square. If she misses, she won't move away.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Sorry I didn't get to post last night as promised. Computer issues that should be solved by the time I get home tonight. I was trying to post here from work, but the map is so small I can't tell what is friend or foe to determine what to do. I should be able to post when I get home tonight though (or in the morning before work at the latest).

Phoenix8008

First Post
Jade moves in to swing hard with his staff at the two nearest foes before kicking out for a final blow at one of them.

[sblock=Details]-Move 25' to space H-12.
*InvisibleCastle is down again, so I'm rolling manually*
-Attack target at H-13 until it drops, then use remainder of attacks on target at I-12.
(Two quarterstaff attacks from regular attack action, 1 unarmed from Martial Arts.)
---Quarterstaff +7 ATK, 1d6+4 Bludgeoning = 17 to hit, 7 damage if that hits.
---Quarterstaff +7 ATK, 1d6+4 Bludgeoning = 25 to hit, 6 damage if that hits.
---Unarmed Strike +7 ATK, 1d6+4 Bludgeoning = 22 to hit, 10 damage if that hits.
-If that finishes both of the skeletons (like I think it will), then continue remaining 20' of movement to space L-11.

AC= 17
HP= 33/33
KI= 4/5[/sblock]

sithramir

First Post
Round 3 (continued):
24 Twins: The two similar looking elves are wielding scimitars. Twin 1 makes short work of the lion with two swift strikes (one from each hand). He moves forward towards Drek. Twin 2 moves next to and in front of him and takes a defensive position (Dodge Action). "Come play my orcish fiend. Goblinslayer's blade won't mind orcish blood one bit!"

23 Paelis fires three arrows at the skeletons. The first connects and a skeleton falls. The second connects but does not finish the skeleton and the third flies wild.

22 Barbarian: The barbarian somehow managing to hold onto his great sword cut's the lion. The lion, hurt, allows him enough room to push his way to his knees. He makes a final cut to the beasts neck. It lies still and he makes the rest of the way to his feet. He screams a bloody curse.

21 Valya destroys a skeleton.
21 Jade destroys the other skeleton moving towards the twins (No Ki required if used).
21 Drek moves to the twins but misses them with both attacks (they have 16 AC).
18 Dead Lions...
17 Bard (what Bard? He was there a second ago...)
16 Rogue 2 (You see a fleeting shadow down in the southeast corner in your peripheral vision)
15 Caster. The blinking robed figure chants a spell pointing at Drek. DC 14 Wis save (Hold Person) or be paralyzed.
14 [MENTION=6783074]Gourry02[/MENTION] Artyom is up
10 Dwarf. The dwarf charges the large Lion using a Dash action.
6 Rogue 1 appears charging towards the Lion/Dwarf and flings a dagger at the Dwarf. It bounces off his Platemail.
5 [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] Dhruv is up
4 Druid (Large Lion)
2 Orc Skeletons

Arena-3 Round 3a.PNG

Axel

First Post
Dhruv ducked behind the wall as Drek advanced swinging. He should be more than enough of a distraction, that axe looks dangerous!

Spotting the second twin advancing, Dhruv readied a javelin. He hurled it from the shadows, following up without even waiting to see the effect, and roaring his defiance at the whole arena.

[Sblock=actions]
Cunning action: hide. http://orokos.com/roll/245024: 2#1d20+10 23 23

Attack Twin 1. Should be with advantage if hide successful. Attack twin 1: 2#1d20+5 8 20

Should be a hit with sneak damage (ranged weapon). Damage vs twin 1: 1d6+3+1d6 13

Move to V8 (square immediately above twin 1)
[/Sblock]

Axel

First Post
As the other half-orc froze to immobility, Dhruv's heart sank. Looks like this isn't a game for any of us. Drek will be lucky to keep all his limbs...

Realising the seriousness of things, and how far the two were from any "friendly" faces kicked Dhruv's self-preservation into gear - he fought with defence as well as offence.

ooc: no actions or edits, just keeping my post quota up :)

Remove ads