D&D 5E Arena of War - Chapter 1: In Character

sithramir

First Post
Round 3 (Continued)

24 Twins: The two similar looking elves are wielding scimitars. Twin 1 makes short work of the lion with two swift strikes (one from each hand). He moves forward towards Drek. Twin 2 moves next to and in front of him and takes a defensive position (Dodge Action). "Come play my orcish fiend. Goblinslayer's blade won't mind orcish blood one bit!"

23 Paelis fires three arrows at the skeletons. The first connects and a skeleton falls. The second connects but does not finish the skeleton and the third flies wild.

22 Barbarian: The barbarian somehow managing to hold onto his great sword cut's the lion. The lion, hurt, allows him enough room to push his way to his knees. He makes a final cut to the beasts neck. It lies still and he makes the rest of the way to his feet. He screams a bloody curse.

21 Valya destroys a skeleton.
21 Jade destroys the other skeleton moving towards the twins (No Ki required if used).
21 Drek moves to the twins but misses them with both attacks (they have 16 AC).
18 Dead Lions...
17 Bard (what Bard? He was there a second ago...)
16 Rogue 2 (You see a fleeting shadow down in the southeast corner in your peripheral vision)
15 Caster. The mirror imaged (not blink oops!) robed figure chants a spell pointing at Drek. DC 14 Wis save (Hold Person) or be paralyzed.
14 Artyom hits the skeleton twice destroying it and moves forward.
10 Dwarf. The dwarf charges the large Lion using a Dash action.
6 Rogue 1 appears charging towards the Lion/Dwarf and flings a dagger at the Dwarf. It bounces off his Platemail.
5 Dhruv wounds a twin 1 charging into Melee.
4 Druid (Large Lion). The large lion claws twice at the Dwarf and then manages to bite him doing some damage.
2 Orc Skeletons are dead...

Round 4:
24 Twins:
Twin 2's skill with a blade comes into question. Seeing the great opportunity to finish an opponent as Drek is still un moving he swings hard taking two swipes. Unfortunately he stumbles botching both attacks as the blade slips form his hand. He spends his movement picking the blade back up his face beat red. (No Joke I rolled WITH advantage 1 and 1 and then 3 and 1)
Twin 1 has slightly better luck. He takes two attacks at Dhruv wanting to get back at him for his sneaky attack. The first swing clangs off Dhruv's armour but the second one connects (10 damage). "Brother thou art truly going to kill us!" he remarks to the other twin.

23 Paelis runs up and fires two quick shots at the Caster attempting to disrupt him from his spell. The first one connects but one of the false images surround him dissapears. The second one also connect but no images disappear and the caster seems wounded. The spell is not disrupted.

22 Barbarian charges forward making his way around the south western end. He encounters a pit trap and falls but is able to grab hold of an edge before actually falling in. He spends the rest of the effort standing back up. His encounter with the lion and trap has not been his best of days.

21 Valya is up
21 Jade is up
21 Drek shakes off the effects of the hold spell ready to wreak havoc on his next turn
18 Dead Lions...
17 Bard
16 Rogue 2
15 Caster
14 Artyom
10 Dwarf
6 Rogue 1
5 Dhruv
4 Druid (Large Lion)

Arena-3 Round 4.PNG

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
I edited my post to add stuff. I totally copied poorly before and now have it right. Two people are up and Drek can now move but no actions until next turn (rolled a 17).

Axel

First Post
Dhruv's smirk nearly became a laugh at the inept twin's swordsmanship. It was stopped by the wounded twin slipping through his guard to draw blood. "You'll pay for that, nancy-boy!"

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Sorry for my delay, I'll post tonight after work (or tomorrow at the latest, I promise!). Sadly, I can see the map here at work but it's like 4x4 inches and impossible to read or blow up to see who/what is where.

sithramir

First Post
What do you use to view the map? Its actually huge and I can zoom in super far using my android and apple phones. Want to see if I can make it easier.

Do you actually click on it so it opens full and try to zoom?

Phoenix8008

First Post
Jade silently sprints forward and lays into the nearest Twin with a spinning series of attacks from his staff and then planting one end of the staff on the ground to kick out with his calloused feet, trying to finish off one of the twins before moving on to the other...

[sblock=Details]-Move 40' to space T-8.

-Attack Twin 2 with Quarterstaff twice: 1d20+6=8, 1d6+4=6, 1d20+6=17, 1d6+4=10
---The first attack surely misses, but the second one may be a hit for 10 damage. If that is a hit, I'm spending 1 Ki point to use Stunning Strike- forcing Twin 2 to succeed on a DC14 CON save or be stunned until the end of my next turn and giving advantage to any attacks at him by anyone else. (If the 17 hit roll misses still, then the Ki point isn't spent.)

-Spend 1 Ki point to activate Flurry of Blows to attack with Unarmed twice more: 1d20+6=26, 1d6+4=8, 1d20+6=22, 1d6+4=9 That's one Critical hit with a natural 20, and another that's likely to hit anyway. Here's the extra damage for the Crit: 1d6=5 for a total of 13 on that first Unarmed attack and 9 damage on the second attack assuming it hits as well.

*IF* the twin was stunned, then both of these attacks have advantage (not that they need them really!). Here are those rolls: 1d20+6=17, 1d6+4=7, 1d20+6=17, 1d6+4=10

*IF* that Twin drops anywhere during this chain of attacks, Jade uses his last 5 ft of movement to step forward to space U-8 and finish the remaining hits on Twin 1.

AC= 17
HP= 33/33
KI= 2/5 or 3/5[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC about the map]Don't worry about it too much. It's the failing of my work and their old tech. Non widescreen monitor, which forces the ENWorld columns to crowd into the area and reduce the possible width down so much that it just automatically shrinks the image to fit the available space. I can't even click on it to enlarge it or show it in it's own window. And since we can't download anything at work, I cant save the file and look at it in anything else. I just have to wait till I get home, no big deal.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Valya purses her lips as she peeks around the pile of debris. Three opponents close enough to one another to matter. The enemy spellcaster was too far back...but it wasn't likely he'd come any closer. She could target him directly, but...perhaps it would be wiser to free up her allies and let THEM take care of the threat.

She stepped around the pile she'd been hiding behind and drew close to the elf there, giving him a curt nod. She then cast a spell, summoning a vortex of flame that spiraled down and around and concentrated into a seething sphere of fire that she held between her palms. Teeth gritted in effort and concentration, she flung the ball towards the melee at the chokepoint! Then she dusted off her hands as it sailed over the head of Dhruv and the twins, and walked back to the spot she'd just emerged from...taking cover again.

The ball landed on a spot farther in...and exploded with a dull CRUMP and an expanding inferno that engulfed the twins, and the barbarian just north of them...falling short of the enemy caster and just singing the toes of Jade and Dhruv without quite hurting them.

[sblock=Actions]Move to J6, cast Fireball targeting square W10. Area is 20' radius, so it hits the three enemy warriors in melee, missing allies, but not getting the enemy caster. :( Then move back to my starting location. Oh, and the map is not clickable via IE or Firefox, though I can save it locally to see in more detail.[/sblock]

sithramir

First Post
Round 4 (Continued):

24 Twins:
Twin 2's skill with a blade comes into question. Seeing the great opportunity to finish an opponent as Drek is still un moving he swings hard taking two swipes. Unfortunately he stumbles botching both attacks as the blade slips form his hand. He spends his movement picking the blade back up his face beat red. (No Joke I rolled WITH advantage 1 and 1 and then 3 and 1)
Twin 1 has slightly better luck. He takes two attacks at Dhruv wanting to get back at him for his sneaky attack. The first swing clangs off Dhruv's armour but the second one connects (10 damage). "Brother thou art truly going to kill us!" he remarks to the other twin.

23 Paelis runs up and fires two quick shots at the Caster attempting to disrupt him from his spell. The first one connects but one of the false images surround him dissapears. The second one also connect but no images disappear and the caster seems wounded. The spell is not disrupted.

22 Barbarian charges forward making his way around the south western end. He encounters a pit trap and falls but is able to grab hold of an edge before actually falling in. He spends the rest of the effort standing back up. His encounter with the lion and trap has not been his best of days.

21 Jade moves in for a kill striking Twin 2 once, twice, three times! But, amazingly, he stays up albeit on wavering legs (Miss, Hit (Twin rolls 16 Con Save), Crit, Hit).

21 Valya moves next to the elf and cast a powerful evocation. Fire explodes around the group leaving the the twins lifeless. Twin 2 is completely burned nearly to cinders but Twin 1 while clearly down appears only singed and perhaps could be saved. The third character was Dhruv so I assume you aimed to not hit him.

21 Drek shakes off the effects of the hold spell ready to wreak havoc on his next turn.
18 Dead Lions...
17 Bard: The bard appears at M26 becoming visible as he chants a spell. Faerie Fire bursts upon Paelis and Valya (Dex Save DC=14 or foes gain advantage while attacking).

16 Rogue 2 is hidden behind some crates.

15 Caster chants a spell and a lightning bolt forks from his fingterips hitting Jade and Dhruv (Dex save DC=14 for half damage or take 32 damage).
14 [MENTION=6783074]Gourry02[/MENTION] Artyom is up
10 Dwarf
6 Rogue 1
5 [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] Dhruv is up
4 Druid (Large Lion)

Origional:
Arena-3 Round 4a.PNG

Options 1:
Arena-3 Round 4a Opt 1.JPG

Options 2:
*Apparently it won't work on this forum

Last edited: