Arg, Too Many Monster Stat Blocks

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I also print out the stat blocks from the Builder or Compendium and then put them in initiative order. I also use the white space to track damage and conditions for each monster (and use a simple table if there is more than one of each type).

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I used to just print as many as I could on a page at the lowest quality, having copied the stat block from the old monster builder.

Now I use a netbook as my DM screen and I have a tab for power2ool which contains all the statblocks I could ever need, linked to the compendium. I can still print them out if I want, but I rarely need to do so now. I can't say enough good things about that program.

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
I just look monsters up in the Compendium, copy-paste their stats into word, and then cram those stats in to tables with a more efficient-for-my-fantastic-eyesight format, along with the very basics of the encounters I'm running. Depending on the monster, I can fit 1-3 of them on a page.
This is what I do but I use excel.

Ketjak

Malicious GM
I run with a laptop and save old monster builder critters as HTML and save as DDI critters into the same folder, then open the monsters I need for each encounter in new browser tabs.

There's also a fantastic Flash app for creating cards that someone posted here for feedback about a year ago... I'll dig it up when I'm at the laptop (using an iPad right now).

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Now I use a netbook as my DM screen and I have a tab for power2ool which contains all the statblocks I could ever need, linked to the compendium. I can still print them out if I want, but I rarely need to do so now. I can't say enough good things about that program.
I'll add another recommendation for power2ool. It's truly a great website and I use it every time I run 4e.

fuzzlewump

First Post
Nemesis Destiny said:
I used to just print as many as I could on a page at the lowest quality, having copied the stat block from the old monster builder.

Seconded. It's copy paste but better and easier.

Edit: thirded*

Remove ads