Blog (A5E) Armor & Materials

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just one day to go. The Kickstarter launches TOMORROW!

In Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition, equipment gets something of an overhaul, with new weapons, armor, and properties, all designed to make each item different from the others. We have over 80 distinct weapons, 18 weapon properties (plus 3 ammo properties), 13 armor properties, 4 shield types, 2 helm types, 8 weapon/armour customizations, and 3 shield customizations.

Here’s a quick look at armor and the materials it might be made from.

Darkwynters

Explorer
I love these! Can I pledge again lol. So I was watching the very well made video on Kickstarter and noticed weapon have no damage dice??!!

Darkwynters

Explorer
Hmmm… the armor is weak or brittle versus piercing weapons… was just looking back on my 2e days when chain was weaker against piercing but high AC for bludgeoning.

There is mention of “maintenance” on some of the armor. There is repairability on all armors… are you going back to the Complete Fighter’s Handbook where armor has HPs? Darkwynters, junior D&D detective.

Weakness is a lower AC… going to wash my dogs and think on these mysteries. BTW, my Tyranny of Dragons campaign characters just found a suit of Padded cloth +1 and they are salivating…… no player has ever done this in the last 29 years of my gaming experience. Lol

Remove ads