Ars Magica 5e, Rhine Tribunal, 1220

Yair

Community Supporter
Leo snarls and cautiously approaches the circle, examining it. Calling on Guerino, he tells him to pick up and axe and drop it on the circle, to break it. Guerino matters something about being the illegality of human sacrifice, but draws an axe and, stepping before Leo, lands a solid blow into the floor, severing the circle.

OOC: The simple way, and having a guard before you and danger is never a bad idea. :) I hope that would break the circle, whether it's inlaid into the stone or not.

ArghMark

First Post
The circle broken, the chain that hangs around the edge of the circle shimmers, sparks, and disappears even as Guerino's axe lifts into a guarding position.

The fae girl smiles, and in a voice like doves singing, throws herself toward Guerino with her arms open. 'My savior!' she cries. Moving with incredible dexterity, she ignores the grogs instintive avoidance and hugs him, seeming to shrink in size a little so he seems larger, stronger, and protective.

'I have been here for so long. My master, the one who protected me, has not returned in so long.'

Shayuri

First Post
Ilshana raises an eyebrow skeptically, and her eyes glimmer with an echo of emerald light as she tries to pierce the creature's veil of glamour...

(Second Sight again...I want to make sure it hasn't really like, latched onto him to drain his blood or something. :))

Gorgamesh

Theodor, the hunter that stands in the back, raise his bow, pointing it toward the fae. Gorgamesh, stands beside him ,eyes the creature, trying to sense any kind of power.

*Sense of Power spell.

Yair

Community Supporter
Theodor, the hunter that stands in the back, raise his bow, pointing it toward the fae. Gorgamesh, stands beside him ,eyes the creature, trying to sense any kind of power.

*Sense of Power spell.

Roy - Gorgamesh is essentially limited to the spells you picked for him. You can't do spontaneous magic, because of the flaw you chose, so the spells he knows is all the magic he can cast. You can do VERY minor other spells, but they'd have to be really, really minor magical feats. Like, sensing the power of a Faerie goddess of old, maybe - something that's so obvious even a level 2 spell would detect it. (That effect won't work if the goddess was using her Might to disguise her presence, of course.)

You have the spell Sense of Divine Power. I'm not quite sure what it means, but it appears to be based on a level 1 guideline, so I'm guessing it would judge the presence of a Divine aura. At any rate, it won't detect a creature of Faerie or Magic, or the Infernal, or its powers. Is this the spell you want to cast? Note you can use Sense Holiness and Unholiness too, and it would probably be more effective for detecting Divine/Infernal beings.

Other than that, you don't have any applicable spell. Which means - you can't sense the power of the thing.

ArghMark

First Post
Gorgamesh, your spell is one to find the nature of divine power. Unfortunately, it nets you no information at this point.

Illshana, you see nothing new with your second sight, only that the ugly child is holding the grog instead of the beautiful fae girl.

Yair

Community Supporter
Leo gnarls. "Let go of my grog, foul thing. Your illusions do not fool us." [in Latin]

Guerino, in the meantime, is rather pleasantly surprised by the events. But then he remembers that things always turn out for the worst, and holds her back a little, saying "Wait a minute - what did your master protect you from, again?" [in Italian, or very broken German perhaps]

ArghMark

First Post
"Why, from the terrible demons that plague us, of course! Terrible, terrible day that the very protection that did protect me did not allow me escape! But thou has't broken the circle, and there lies only the beast that plagues this place, the one that sucks the breath of those who sleep above. It awaits!"

She pauses briefly, looking around, her head darting in quick, fast motions.

Suddenly, she points!

"It is there, my saviours! If thou wish to undo the curse that befalleth this castle and to save me, follow!"

Any who glance see a large shadow of something foor footed quickly rush past the door. A strong smell of leaves fills the room.

Remove ads