D&D 5E ASCENSION, The Codex of Exalted, Book 2: GameMaster's Guide

There is no issue with the name, are you talking about the content? It is a long time since I looked at Exalted, but from my memory it is quite different.
In the other game you play as demigods, so the title and theme are quite similar. As is the cover art.

I'll second taking a look into it. The name is absolutely trademarked and this is certainly similar.

dave2008

Legend
In the other game you play as demigods, so the title and theme are quite similar.
Well in these rules you only start as demigods. Being full deities is where it is at. Not sure if that is possible in Exalted or not. This started out as the Codex of Immortals (again the inspiration is BECMI), but I changed because of what I found when reading Wrath of the Immortals (The Rules Cyclopedia like update to the Immortals Rules)
As is the cover art.
The cover is a rif off of the original Immortals book from BECMI. Look familiar?

EDIT: sorry I thought this was response was in the player's guide which uses a version of the art below. The "cover" art on this page is not actually the cover art, it would be an interior spread if it ever is published.

1656499134197.png

I'll second taking a look into it. The name is absolutely trademarked and this is certainly similar.
I got the term Exalted from Wrath of the Immortals. It was the term used in that book to describe all creatures with the power of immortals who were not part of the Immortals. It seemed a fitting term to describe what I am doing. If I ever look to actually publish something, I will look into it more. I am likely to still use the term "exalted" do describe deity level entities, but I could change the title.

dave2008

Legend
this is gonna be cool is this a continueation of the immortals players guide or is this something different either way it's cool
It is inspired by the BECMI Immortals guide and the Wrath of the Immortals update to that book. However, it is not a direct translation, I am adding bits from many sources and some of my own ideas too.

Remove ads