D&D 5E ASCENSION, The Codex of Exalted, Book 2: GameMaster's Guide

dave2008

Legend
I understand how some projects can just start to weigh you down. Best of luck with this web supplement version amigo! :)
Thank you for the kind words. Your epic work has always been an inspiration.

I got to anxious about producing something I deemed worthy of people paying money for and I kept second-guessing and revising. Moving it to a free, open web-based format allows me to experiment without the guilt and makes it easy to update and revise.

I hope to be much more productive this way.

Hi Dave buddy,

the most important thing is to enjoy what you are doing. Working in 3E (at epic level) really started becoming a mathematical grind for me that was eclipsing the fun I had doing the design. Similarly having to do so many Portfolio's in Ascension felt more like a chore and the work suffered as a result. At the moment I am having fun doing this latest 5E book and I hope that will show when people get to see it.

So do what makes you happy and what makes you smile and that will shine through your writing.

Looks very cool! However, have you spoken with a lawyer about potential infringement with the Exalted RPG? I don't know if there are enough similarities, but I wouldn't want to be blindsided either.

dave2008

Legend
Looks very cool! However, have you spoken with a lawyer about potential infringement with the Exalted RPG? I don't know if there are enough similarities, but I wouldn't want to be blindsided either.
There is no issue with the name, are you talking about the content? It is a long time since I looked at Exalted, but from my memory it is quite different.

dave2008

Legend
Just dropping an anchor here so I can keep track of this. I look forward to seeing your work.
Just an FYI, the other 2 threads in the Ascension series are going to see more action at firs than this DM centric one. This is the one I have the least amount of content in any state of preparation.

JasonZZ

Explorer
Supporter
Just an FYI, the other 2 threads in the Ascension series are going to see more action at firs than this DM centric one. This is the one I have the least amount of content in any state of preparation.
Thank you for the heads-up. I'll go have a look at the others as well. :)

Remove ads