D&D 5E ASCENSION, The Codex of Exalted, Book 1: Players Guide

dave2008

Legend
Anything new?
I don't remember what I said to who or on what threads, so I will give a quick overview. I am still working on this project, but had hit a bit of a creative snag. I'm on vacation now and have been scribbling down ideas that I am excited to flesh out when I get home.

I had hoped to get a review/ alpha playtest document (google doc) to my Kickstarter backers (and interested parties) in June, but it is looking like that will be July at the earliest as I have surgeries schedule at the end of May and another at the end of June.

However, in case I haven't said it here, the projected as moved pretty far from being 5e compatible and is really only inspired by 5e at this point. I decided to kill some sacred cows and just go with the design I wanted. There is still a path to convert a mortal 5e PC to an Immortal character in the rules; however, the game itself pretty much its own thing with only the core conceits/ mechanics in common.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I don't remember what I said to who or on what threads, so I will give a quick overview. I am still working on this project, but had hit a bit of a creative snag. I'm on vacation now and have been scribbling down ideas that I am excited to flesh out when I get home.

I had hoped to get a review/ alpha playtest document (google doc) to my Kickstarter backers (and interested parties) in June, but it is looking like that will be July at the earliest as I have surgeries schedule at the end of May and another at the end of June.

However, in case I haven't said it here, the projected as moved pretty far from being 5e compatible and is really only inspired by 5e at this point. I decided to kill some sacred cows and just go with the design I wanted. There is still a path to convert a mortal 5e PC to an Immortal character in the rules; however, the game itself pretty much its own thing with only the core conceits/ mechanics in common.
You should definitely follow your own creative vision, but speaking personally I'm a little disappointed. I really liked your original mission statement, and felt you were delving into a seriously under-served part of the game.

dave2008

Legend
You should definitely follow your own creative vision, but speaking personally I'm a little disappointed. I really liked your original mission statement, and felt you were delving into a seriously under-served part of the game.
Thank you for the encouragement! I guess I believe the market is not so underserved IMO. There are at least three different sets of epic rules on the DMsGuild and one with at least wo supplements. As well as options on DriveThru and free fan creations. There are epic monsters available (including my own epic updates) and many 5e epic / immortal player optiins as well. Of course the OG of D&D 3PP epic (upper krust) is coming out with his own 5e epic/immortal supplement later this year or next year. I felt I wanted / needed to explore something a little different. 5e adjacent, but not 5e is more the feel I always wanted, but was never previously brave enough to go there.

. Of course the OG of D&D 3PP epic (upper krust) is coming out with his own 5e epic/immortal supplement later this year or next year.

I appreciate the love amigo (might get to show you some pages in a month or two - will blow your socks CLEAN off). 🦶

Best wishes with your own projects - I know these things are tough; especially when your time is so limited by work and real life. I'm basically quitting my job this summer to get these new books done.

dave2008

Legend
I appreciate the love amigo (might get to show you some pages in a month or two - will blow your socks CLEAN off).
As been a fan of your work and look forward to what you come up with!
Best wishes with your own projects -
Thank you!
I know these things are tough; especially when your time is so limited by work and real life. I'm basically quitting my job this summer to get these new books done.
Don't I know it! I have two unplanned surgeries coming up at the end of this month and next that will undoubtedly delay me even more!

Hey Rogerd1! :)

Not sure if I have mentioned this before, but Anime 5e, imports M&M 2e rules into essentially 5e.

Which may help you in some way?

Thanks for the link buddy!

I do like a bit of anime. I might pick that up when I go on holiday and have a read through. I would say the main influences (on my work I mean) of anime would be in the crazy powers and weapons. Although something like Chainsaw Man does have very interesting monsters I guess.

Remove ads