D&D 5E ASCENSION, The Codex of Exalted, Book 1: Players Guide

Rafael TM

First Post
do ponto de vista da mecânica do jogo, os deuses gastam parte de sua essência divina para criar milagres. Eles não memorizam feitiços, não têm slots para gastar ou precisam de componentes. Esses milagres também são mais poderosos que os feitiços, mesmo no nível mais baixo.

Do ponto de vista da história, os deuses manipulam o Aether, a essência fundamental da realidade. Eles trabalham no nível da fonte, onde a magia mortal está alguns passos abaixo da linha.
ok entendo, todos tem essência divina e todos usam para lançar feitiços, entendo obrigado pela resposta

dave2008

Legend
ok entendo, todos tem essência divina e todos usam para lançar feitiços, entendo obrigado pela resposta
Basically, but a slight difference: all gods can use Aether to create spell-like miracles, but they don't have to. They can do miraculous things that are not spells too. For example, a martial oriented god could strike/punch with the force of a nuclear bomb, or slash everyone within a mile radius, etc.

Hey dave2008 buddy!

sincerest apologies for jumping in with my own reply, I just clicked on the email notification, didn't check what forum this was in and automatically assumed (given the topic) Rafael was messaging me. :giggle:

My head's gone...must be all those hours slaving over a computer screen has fried my brain.

dave2008

Legend
Hey dave2008 buddy!

sincerest apologies for jumping in with my own reply, I just clicked on the email notification, didn't check what forum this was in and automatically assumed (given the topic) Rafael was messaging me. :giggle:
No worries! I assumed it was something like that. My project has strayed from the original brief quite a bit so I am always a happy to direct people to your project for those who want something more ground in 5e. That, and I think you have a much better chance of getting your books actually published. I have so much going on in my personal life that this project has once again move down the que a bit.
My head's gone...must be all those hours slaving over a computer screen has fried my brain.
Hopefully all that screen time produces the epic goodness we are all waiting for!

Hello again Rafael TM,

olá obrigado pelas respostas rápidas :) uma dívida completamente fora do livro você e dave fazem o livro juntos? ou você e Dave em outra conta?

Apologies for the confusion. As Dave has noted we are separate people (both friends who love our epic and immortal gaming). I accidentally replied, you were probably wanting him.

If you want to ask me a question after this reply you can find me in the Eternity Publishing sub-forum:

eu estava confuso, mas uma última dúvida que o bestiário épico surgiu, haverá deuses, tipo vamos ter os monstros(estou animado)mas também teremos tokens para deuses?arch devils? príncipes demônios ou isso seria para um próximo livro? E os deuses que você viu serão deuses de dnd? (DnD tem um panteão de tudo que é deus então estou contando deuses como odin, thor, freya como deuses de DnD aqui) ou também teremos deuses de anime e criados por vocês.

I have Thor as one of the examples in the Player's Guide. The NPC gods are split between mythological figures and (at the back of the book) Pregenerated immortal characters based on previous/current PC's from our group. The Epic Bestiary does have wholly new Gods I have created, some new Archdevils and so forth.

sobre feitiços de nível 25, sou jovem e nunca joguei 2 edição honestamente 5 e foi meu primeiro rpg e quando lançou eu era criança :) então não entendi muito bem se você pode falar mais ou menos o efeitos que um feitiço de 25 círculos tem, não um feitiço que vai estar no livro apenas um efeito para eu ter uma ideia de uma área ou qualquer coisa para eu ter uma ideia do nível de poder de um feitiço desses, que eu realmente não peguei a visão, vi que você não quer dar muito spoiler então se considerar isso um spoiler muito grande tudo perfeito aguardo no livro :)?

Yes, I don't want to discuss the epic spells too much just yet.

sobre os portfólios só para eu ver se entendi você é um guerreiro e pega o portfólio da guerra se tornando um deus da guerra os poderes que você vai ganhar são poderes que um deus da guerra teria, basicamente seu portfólio seria sua classe que é está correto?

Yes 100% correct. But of course you can also take multiple Portfolios - just in the same way you can multi-class as a regular PC. So you could have 2 ranks as the God of War, then take a rank of God of Strength etc.

E haveria pré-requisitos para você escolher um portfólio ou pode levar qualquer um? Por exemplo, um guerreiro com um portfólio mágico (eu sei que os dois não combinam e seria estranho e provavelmente muito fraco mas é só para saber se você consegue ou para obter um portfólio de feitiços por exemplo você teria que ter um certo nível com uma classe de conjuração?)

There are no prerequisites for choosing Portfolios. So a Warrior 'could' take the Magic Portfolio (which might fit for an Eldritch Knight). However, many of the Portfolio abilities (of certain portfolios) will amplify features more relative to certain classes.

agora é uma dúvida se você por algum motivo atingir o nível Over god, nível Lord Ao você pode basicamente fazer o que quiser ou estou enganado?

Its tricky to pin down a nebulous character like Lord Ao, but my guess is he would be somewhere between Divine Rank 10-14 (out of 30) in my system.

So one last apology to my buddy Dave2008 for the minor hijack - I'll address future replies on this in my forum.

No worries! I assumed it was something like that.

Cheers buddy! :)

My head is all over the place at the moment.

My project has strayed from the original brief quite a bit so I am always a happy to direct people to your project for those who want something more ground in 5e.

I appreciate it my friend.

That, and I think you have a much better chance of getting your books actually published.

After spending 'x' amount of dollars on all the artwork for the book, I darn well hope it gets published (as in the Kickstarter gets funded). :D

But I am fairly confident people will like what they see.

I have so much going on in my personal life that this project has once again move down the que a bit.

God bless you mate and I hope the recovery from your surgery is going great? 🙏

Hopefully all that screen time produces the epic goodness we are all waiting for!

I guarantee it will be EPIC!

dave2008

Legend
now its a doubt if you for some reason reach Over god level, Lord At the level you can basically do whatever you want or am I mistaken?
Just a heads up regarding Overgods in my setting. Overgods (Hierarchs), like Ao, are some of the most powerful beings in existence. They are rank 6 Ascended and have vast powers. Generally speaking they are the ultimate beigns in their Sphere of Authority.

FYI,
DIVINE RANK
Demigods (AR 1 - Initiate)
  • Demigods have close ties to mortals and spend a lot of time in mortal realms working to build their renown and worship.
  • The weakest deities, demigods are much more vulnerable and the only deities that have much fear of truly dying.
  • The vast majority of ascended mortals only make it to demigod status
  • Demigods typically have between 0 to 100,000 worshipers.
Lesser Deities (AR 2 - Temporal)
  • Deities of this rank have either joined a pantheon or established an independent dominion of their own.
  • Lesser deities are often considered the first rank of true deities.
  • Many gods become complacent at this rank and this is the resting place for most mortals who manage to ascend to godhood.
  • Lesser deities typically have between 100,000 to 1,000,000 worshipers.
Intermediate Deities (AR 3 - Celestial)
  • Intermediate deities hold positions of authority and power in their pantheons.
  • Intermediate deities can command demigods and lesser gods to perform task for the pantheon and even personal projects.
  • A few ascended mortals have managed to make it to the ranks of the intermediate deities, but they number less than 100.
  • Intermediate deities typically have between 1,000,00,000 to 10,000,000 worshipers
Greater Deities (AR 4 - Empyreal)
  • Deities of this rank comprise the leaders and rulers of their pantheons.
  • Greater deities are incredibly powerful and the heads of pantheons almost always come from their ranks.
  • No mortals have ever ascended to this stature.
  • Greater deities typically have between 10,000,000 to 100,000,000 worshipers or more.
Elder Deities (AR 5 - Eternal)
  • Deities of this rank existed at the beginning, springing from the raw Aether of the initial creation.
  • Elder deities have generally left the activities of a pantheon behind and almost exclusively explore their own projects.
  • The deity of this stature generally no longer concerns itself with mortal worshipers and any mortal followers it had generally decline tenfold for each century it neglects its following.
  • Instead elder deities create bonds with other Ascended and these bonded can number between 1 to 100. Typically the majority of an Elder deities bonded hail from the pantheon it started with and they can call on the elder deity in times of great need.
Over Deities (AR 6 - Hierarch)
  • Deities of this rank were the leaders of the Beginning. They are the ultimate arbiters of Authority within their Sphere.
  • There are only ten over deities in all of existence. One leader and one apprentice for each of the Authorities.
  • Over deities can be stewards of multiple pantheons and act in a similar position to their pantheons that lesser gods do to mortals.
  • Over deities are bonded with 100 or more other Ascended.

However, there are other beings of similar power to hierarchs (overgods) and at least one of greater power.

LadyJadz

First Post
Hello there! I apologize for the thread necromancy, but I've not been able to find my own way otherwise.
I love all the content of yours that I've seen, and I've been using the 5e Epic Monster Updates for a long time (Last campaign just ended with an epic Orcus fight, courtesy of your fantastic statblock). I'm currently putting together a campaign where the characters will become gods by the end, and I'd love to be able to use your content to help make it happen.
Is there a chance I could get the link to the google doc you condensed everything into? Or perhaps some other way I can see this project's current iteration?
If not, I totally understand. I'm just really excited by the possibility. :D

dave2008

Legend
Hello there! I apologize for the thread necromancy, but I've not been able to find my own way otherwise.
I love all the content of yours that I've seen, and I've been using the 5e Epic Monster Updates for a long time (Last campaign just ended with an epic Orcus fight, courtesy of your fantastic statblock). I'm currently putting together a campaign where the characters will become gods by the end, and I'd love to be able to use your content to help make it happen.
Is there a chance I could get the link to the google doc you condensed everything into? Or perhaps some other way I can see this project's current iteration?
If not, I totally understand. I'm just really excited by the possibility. :D
Unfortunately I haven't looked at the google doc in awhile because of some personal issues and I am not sure if it is in a state I want to share. I hope to get back into early next year if not before. Once I do that i would be happy to share the doc. However, I will say that the current game has moved quite a bit from 5e. If you are starting at lower levels, there will be a significant transition to when you start playing gods in my system.

Also, @Upper_Krust is developing a 5e immortals extension that would probably fit your bill and his work is, at this point, much closer to fruition than mine and more related to base 5e, while also being epic, than mine.

Unfortunately I haven't looked at the google doc in awhile because of some personal issues and I am not sure if it is in a state I want to share. I hope to get back into early next year if not before. Once I do that i would be happy to share the doc. However, I will say that the current game has moved quite a bit from 5e. If you are starting at lower levels, there will be a significant transition to when you start playing gods in my system.

Best of luck with it dave2008 buddy - I know how time-consuming these things can be.

Also, @Upper_Krust is developing a 5e immortals extension that would probably fit your bill and his work is, at this point, much closer to fruition than mine and more related to base 5e, while also being epic, than mine.

Thanks for the kind words buddy. I am a few months from having the 368 page Player's Guide finished (Taking players from Level 20 up to Divine Ranks 1 through 30...where a Greater God like Zeus would be Divine Rank 6, so divine Rank 30 is basically a 9-dimensional Supreme Being). Epic Spells up to Level 20 (where Karsus' Avatar would be Level 12 and Big Bang is Level 17). Artifacts and Items beyond anything seen before. Very simple rules, will work with ANY 5e variation (might even work with Pathfinder too...although that theory needs tested) - Divinity acts like a template you just add to any Level 20 character, then you are good to go right away.

But while I am closing in on finishing the rulebook, I am also working on an accompanying 368 page Epic Bestiary which will take a further 4-6 months to complete (and I want both ready for the Kickstarter*). So still looking at next summer for that.

*...because no point having all these Immortal PCs running about without THE most dangerous collection of crazy monsters ever put to page.

I've solved all the usual epic problems: Challenge Ratings are broken - FIXED! There's no challenge to PCs - FIXED! No danger of PCs dying - FIXED! Combat takes too long - FIXED! Some spells are overpowered - FIXED! Some player's don't want to play the same character for long periods - FIXED! Etc.

So its all coming soon, just takes a long time when you are doing everything yourself (other than the commissioned art which I still do all the layouts for).

First monster in the Bestiary is this beauty...

(Finished) Abomination, Abominator.jpg

Remove ads