5E ASCENSION, The Codex of Exalted, Book 1: Players Guide

dave2008

Legend
COVER_WEB_PHB.jpg

Cover by Alexander Sorensen

Ascension is my tribute to Epic/Immortal games in Dungeons & Dragons. I grew up pouring over and daydreaming about the gods and monsters that filled the pages of the 1st edition AD&D Deities and Demigods. It was not only one of the foundations of my introduction to Dungeons & Dragons but of mythology as well. The seeds planted by the pages of that book grew into a lifelong fascination with deities and mythology. Soon after I had been captivated by Deities and Demigods. I discovered the gloriously bizarre world of Frank Mentzer's Immortal Rules and realized we aren't limited to contemplating the lives of the gods - we could become them! My goal for Ascension is to bring the wonder and excitement I had for mythic gaming in the early '80s to the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons. Throw in a bit of flavor inspired by the 2nd edition's Legends and Lore/Monster Mythology and 3rd edition's Epic Level Handbook, and of course @Upper_Krust Immortals Handbook, and we have the foundation for the definitive Immortals/Epic supplement for 5th edition!

This was originally intended to be a quarterly Zine I funded through Kickstarter. However, the pressure's of creating content I considered print worthy were just to much. I stopped the Kickstarter and I am in the process of refunding the backers. However, I didn't want the work to go to waste. So after discorporation from the physical realm, Ascension arisen as a web supplement! I am currently planning to organize this project in three threads or "books:" Player's Guide, Game Master's Guide, and Friends and Foes. Maybe someday these will get published, but the focus for now is getting this out to the public and getting feedback. Finally, I want to give a quick shout out to all the Kickstarter backers you believed and supported the original project. Thank you for your support and I apologize for not being able to deliver on the original plan. I hope this web-based supplement provides you with the epic options you were hoping for.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
1604150275243.png

Introduction
Chapter 1: Apotheosis

Chapter 2: Exalted Forms
Chapter 3: Divine Authority
Chapter 4: Exalted Equipment
Chapter 5: Exalted Combat
Chapter 6: Exalted Adventures
Chapter 7: Dominions
Chapter 8: Exalted Powers

ASCENSION, The Codex of Exalted, Book 2: GM's Guide
ASCENSION, The Codex of Exalted, Book 3: Friends & Foes

Thank you to the Kickstarter backers who made a good portion of this project possible:
Brandon Weinley, Scott Errington, Matt Soucy, Jackson Maurer, John Bookwalter Jr., Federico Neroni, Robert Carnel, Kyle Bodell, Ian McFarlin, Art H, MagnusLL, Wanderer, Nate Ng, Gus, Steven Lord, Shaun Beckett, Jason Conlon, Ken Reinertson, David Robinson, Agnieszka Pogorzelska, Jennifer Candee, Jon Terry, Russell Ventimeglia, Bertrand Guérin-Williams, Daniel Gregory, Evan Dooner, Ryan Kent, Lawrence Holbrook, logan, Cody, J K Rasmussen, Wasitora, The Ballad of Scum, Nick Zakhar, Caleb Coppola, Travis Boillat, Jack Elphinstone, Sean Owen, Ted Houseman, Ryan, Anna Wallin, Don Tucker, Peter Hood, Casey, David Mello, Seth Largent, Jose Luis, Will Carr, Peter DiMauro, Domx9200, Alicommagali, Steve Houst, Olivia Montoya, Clint Doyle, Jonathan Rupert, David JACQUET, Maxime Giguère-Bisson, Olav Müller, Battlefield Press, Inc., Mike Mahoney, Jacob Korst, Christopher Scarselli, Nick Rice, Kelly Edward Williams, John Cleary, Chris Striker, Charlie Day, Jack Murphy, Paramo, Jared Buckley, doorhandleis, Man Yellow, Koby Chapman, Kaeleigh Post, Vikrant Misra, Nathan Swift, Ducky, Muriadim, Aaron Frick, Caleb Slama, MA Roxas, Daniel, Robotzh8teme, Valur Sverrisson, Thalji, Michael Merchant, Luke Seymour, Grace Iverson, Jason Hennigan, Alex Neilson, Keenan Hagen, Emmo Lütringer, Steven, Nick Wolak, New Comet Games, Sean Comer, Matthew J Weidman, Contesse, Eric Hamilton, Braeden Gardner, Paul Pflieger, Jim Davis, Patrick P., CoolWhipKid, Br1ghtL1ght, Steve Dodge, Peter Merryman, Joe Corona, Paul Kensler, Joel Maunula, John M. Portley, Guest 512230315, anonymous1453, Hunter Mackey, Andreas Loeckher, saintzazzaz, John "johnkzin" Rudd, Clay Hodges, Stephane Gelgoot, MeleeMagthere, Apaphous, Dan George, Chris Berger, Sean, Paul Morin, Dana Boychuk, King Rollo, Minority Stock Holder, Demetrios Papadatos, Eric A Gregory, Diego Pisa Artworks, Martin Heim, Mason, Shawn Fennessey, Paul Connolly, Matthias Mertens, Anthony Reyes, Anthony Carrozzo, Jason Gabel, Simmy Sims, Ben Fowler, Chris Skidmore, Brian Zuber, Lisa Kellogg, Darklord, Egg Embry, Mike Myler, Miguel Warlock Patreon, Alican Öztürk, Owen Moore, Darion Nutter, The Creative Fund, TLhikan, Sam Underwood, Glenn Like, Guy Edward Larke

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Introduction
Just wait - this isn't ready yet!

What is an Exalted
Exalted Rank
Quintessence

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Chapter 1: Apotheosis