Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

ajanders

Explorer
Michael looks sad.
He doesn't have very much healing power left for his friends.

(Unless Michael, being less with it than normal, missed a chance to regain spells.)

Xael

First Post
Almayce mumbles silent apologies to Ironwolf again and converts a Spiritual Weapon for 16 points of healing for him.

"I'm not sure if we need more clues. With luck, we might be able to stop this by stopping the damn priestress.", he says, not sounding completely sure.

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf has no skills that will meaningfully assist the investigation, although his psicrystal may be of some limited use in searching for clues.

"Anyone confident of their tracking abilities?" He asks.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Michael seemed pretty good at tracking when we were escaping this place, though the Affliction may have hindered his skills since then. The intellectual part of us is curious to find all the details first, but you may be right that the clues may not be useful enough to justify a search."

Patlin

Explorer
"I'd love all the details, but your earlier estimate seemed to suggest that if we didn't hunt down our enemy immediately, second chances would be few and far between. I'd rather fight a somewhat mysterious enemy now in the hopes of undoing her deeds, than wait till I understand her better and find I have no hope of catching her, with the villagers and Michael falling before the affliction like wheat before a scythe."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Too true. We think you are right. Better to end her and her schemes now and deal with understanding and curing the Affliction only afterwards."

(OOC: Since Michael is the only one with Survival, I rolled for him to see if he could find the tracks. Success with a 23!)

*Michael finds a whole lot of tracks leading off in many different directions. One set in particular seems the freshest.*

"Is there enough here to pursue?"

ajanders

Explorer
"Me pursue!" says Michael, and does so, singing "Smite evil, smite evil, smite evill, smite evil...." cheerfully under his breath.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The trail twists and turns and snakes through strange passageways and caverns. Michael thinks that the group they are following includes a decently-sized squadron of various types of Afflicted, and sometimes a small lithe female, though sometimes not--this could just be that her tracks were too small and faint and were trampled over by the Afflicted, though. All the short-term spells fade completely during this long search. The trail seems to end at a blank section of hewn-stone wall, but a quick search reveals a secret passage leading onward and downward, even farther beneath the depths below the mines. Unfortunately, Michael loses the trail shortly after going through the secret door. He can spend about an hour in an attempt to regain the trail, or the group could continue blindly, knowing that their target must be past the secret door somewhere.*

Remove ads