Assassination 2: The Lost Children

"That was fast. Now remember, don't challenge anyone or anything and be wary of free offers. If someone bumps you, check your belongings immediately. Don't kill anyone if you don't have to, but don't hesitate to show your strength if needed."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Surely it's not that bad!? This may be mostly wild country, but cities are still cities. People respect some law and behave."

Despite seeming confidence, boy-priest decides to watch carefully for any wishing them ill.

"I warned you when we started. This is not your soft weak civilization. The law is respected because Daughters can enforce it, not because it's inhabitants want peace and order."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Venakhad shrugs. He isn't worried about anyone bothering well armed group of adventurers. What he is worried about is that here everyone is accepted and that means there could be Inspired around. And after destruction of his temple, he is afraid he would enjoy too much destroying them to feel comfortable with him self.

"I'll keep an eye out for those wishing us ill."

FourMonos

First Post
Gowsam, the carvan's leader, slows the caravan's progress significantly, as if not wanting to draw too much attention to the caravan's arrival.

As the heroes mount their horses for the ride into Graywall, Goswam moves his mount next to you to talk.

"Welcome to Graywall. This may be the most wretched hive of scum and villainy in all of Khorvaire. The nation of Droaam is young. This city was the ruins of a Dhakaani fortress 30 years ago. Under intense construction, it has become the second largest city in Droaam, the other being The Crag where the Daughters of Soral Kell dwell. You will not only find every type of monster here from Droaam, but also plenty of monsters here from the rest of Khorvaire."

Goswam spits in disgust into the dirt.

"You see, Droaam isn't a recognized nation, so it does not fall under the Treaty of Thronehold. Laws of the east have no value here. As such, anyone fleeing from the other nations usually find their way here. Just because someone is a humanoid race, doesn't mean they are friendly."

Goswam points to the north of the road you are on now (heading west into the city). You can see an area of activity, huts and mounds of materials in the distance. "There are the Stone Pits. Most of the heavy laborers of the city work there in the granite quarries, digging up material to continue to build the city. Ogres mostly, but also bugbears, orcs and what not. Most of them decided it was too far to go back to the city, so a lot of them are permanent residents of the Stone Pit as well, pitching tents and small homes there."

"Don't be mistaken to believe that there are no laws here, just not our laws. The mayor is an illithid named Xor'chylic. He does not take with random violence. He tries to run a tight ship. Anyone who steps out of line, killing each other for no reason and what not, will answer to him and the Flayer Guard. The Guard are mostly Znir Pact gnolls along with ogres and trolls. They won't give you a problem unless you give them reason to do so."

"We're on our way to the Calabas district of Graywall. It is where most of the eastern nations interests lie. The House Tharashk enclave is there, where I am to take you to see Khundrann d'Torrn. He is of high influence in his own house as well as here in Graywall."

GM: okay, a chance for RP, questions and what not :)

"I told you about the mind-eater. Let's get the show going. Anyone wants to go slumming while those less adventurous go and talk to Tharashks?"

FourMonos

First Post
"I told you about the mind-eater. Let's get the show going. Anyone wants to go slumming while those less adventurous go and talk to Tharashks?"

"Yes, Xor'chylic is rumored to be an ancient illithid. He has done some interesting things. Since the denizens of this city don't read, the directions are usually in symbols. The stones of courtyards are etched similarly to give a feeling... a sensation. It is how they get around."

GM: Uh oh, I see spontaneous street fight encounter starting...

The drow pauses.

"I didn't know that, I'll keep my eyes averted. Thank you. Insidious, he is. Trapping everyone like that. Genius! I guess nobody wonders when someone accidentally looses himself into his residence and is not seen anymore? Watch yourselves, illithids are here to free their Daelkyr lords and everything they do from peacefull take-over to open warfare is directed to that cause."

"Now, anyone coming with me?"

OOC: feel free to dissuade Bellegon, that it's not safe, better to keep together etc...he is intimidating warlock with too much confidence coming from his living in Droaam - or join him in "free form" information hunt

FourMonos

First Post
"Please don't allow me to slow your information gathering, Master Bellegon, but might I encourage you to accompany me at least to the Calabas. A great deal of resources was spent getting you here to see Khundrann d'Tornn. He may already have some information gathered for us to start."

Remove ads