Assassination 2: The Lost Children

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Well, I PM'ed Vertexx earlier, wanting to give him his griffin, but he hasn't gotten back to me. I'll ping him again [MENTION=48854]Vertexx69[/MENTION] and see if we can get this rolling. If he doesn't respond soon, I'll write him out with Malehan.

"Did you say Rohna? How interesting, I have a delivery to Rohna the Goliath, expected to meet up in Greywall."

FourMonos

First Post
Rohna spurs Olaf forward, her heavy hammer in hand, with a menacing glare, she leans forward in the saddle.

"I know you not little man. What is this delivery you speak of?" Olaf snorts loudly as if emphasizing his lady's suspicion.

The caravan leader steps back from the soot black goliath's glare. "Well," he stammers, "It's right here." He walks quickly to the third wagon and pulls off the drape, revealing a large steel cage housing a large black griffon.

"My understanding was this beast was scheduled for termination, but was saved by someone of some importance as a favor to you. We were supposed to deliver him in Greywall."

Rohna slides off her saddle in a flash and leaps up on the wagon with the little effort of athleticism for which her people are known.

"This must stop! This majestic beast can not be caged like this!"
Rohna roars.

The caravan leader holds up his hands, "But the griffon isn't trained. If we didn't have it caged, it would eat our oxen!"

Rohna's hands grip the cage bars. "Fine coachman. Consider your duty completed. I will take the griffon now. Take it off the wagon." She hops down and faces her companions. "I am staying here with Olaf and the Griffon. It cannot be caged any longer. I will train it now, here in this town. I will meet up with you when I am able."

When the cage is unloaded, the caravan master approaches the adventurers again. "We'll that is settled. We could make even better time now. Do we have a deal? You will accompany us to Greywall as protection?"

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
The adventurers quickly join the caravan and almost as quickly fall asleep in the back of one of the wagons. Their magebred horses are tied up along and keep pace with the oxen. The horses really have no trouble keeping up with the speed of the caravan nor seem to tire with the journey. The ride in the "sleep shack", as the people call it, is remarkably smooth and comfortable. As predicted, the caravan makes great time for such a band of wagons and oxen, especially considering the constant travel day and night. The caravan only stops briefly to re-supply water and foodstuffs.

The adventurers ride the magebred horses at times, other times riding on the wagons with the drivers. Once the Dagger River is crossed, the land becomes more sparse with less towns. The caravan makes even less stops.

At times, the adventurers are called forward when humanoids are spotted. More often than not, the other spotted people are from groups traveling to Sharn. One instance of goblins came close enough to watch the caravan, but with a show from the adventures, the goblins made no move to interfere.

(more soon)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I would give you XP for this, but can't :) Show from the adventurers - like freak show for goblins, only we juggle heads and daggers instead of balls and cones

OOC: I suspect that that only show needed is things like WyvernScale and other armors. Even the dullest Goblin would think twice before attacking someone in that.

Bellegon immensely enjoys frightening people, if they are slave races, all the better, as there are no consequences. He's going around the caravan when he's awake, either joining scouts ahead or falling back, going around avoiding the road, just for the fun of it. He quickly adapted to the routine travel, except he exchanged day and night, coming and going in the darkness, sleeping in the night now that he has no need to follow surface dwellers preferences.

FourMonos

First Post
The caravan travels on, day and night. The landmarks and reported distance travel moves faster than everyone anticipated. The transition from Brelish soil to Droaam is not marked by fortifications, towers or defenders. It is almost as if everyone expects everyone to stay where they are supposed to stay. As the group moves nearer to Greywall, the ogres working in fields become common place. It is a morning like most when the city of Greywall becomes visible in the distance.

Remove ads