Spelljammer Astral Elves: Spelljammer's Elves In Spaaaaace!

WotC has a preview of Spelljammer's upcoming Astral Elves over on D&D Beyond (following on from their preview of the Giff last week). Astral Elves can teleport as a bonus action, use divine cantrips, and 'tap into the knowledge of the infinite multiverse' to pick up new proficiencies after a long rest. https://www.dndbeyond.com/posts/1291-sneak-peek-play-as-the-immortal-astral-elf-from

WotC has a preview of Spelljammer's upcoming Astral Elves over on D&D Beyond (following on from their preview of the Giff last week).

Astral Elves can teleport as a bonus action, use divine cantrips, and 'tap into the knowledge of the infinite multiverse' to pick up new proficiencies after a long rest.

spelljammer-xaryxis.jpg

Yaarel

He Mage
The Astral Elves do Radiant damage via Sacred Flame, would expect the Solar Dragon would also do Radiant.
The UA astal elf gave a choice of cantrip: Sacred Flame, Light, or Dancing Light.

While only mentioned in passing, I got the impression from the DNDBeyond sneakpeak that there will be no choice, all astral elves have Sacred Flame as the cantrip.

Thoughts?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The UA astal elf gave a choice of cantrip: Sacred Flame, Light, or Dancing Light.

While only mentioned in passing, I got the impression from the DNDBeyond sneakpeak that there will be no choice, all astral elves have Sacred Flame as the cantrip.

Thoughts?
I think so, or they misspoke.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I dislike racial bonus combat cantrips. They lean towards optimization calls rather than lore.

Unironically, my fave thing in 5E is all the new elves races.

I like having a fuckton of weird elves to play with, and strange cultures to intermingle. I love that elves can be the default race if you want, and I can legit play fun elf-games. I highly enjoy the fact that this one race, which is spiritually protean, is capable of taking on so many different forms (AS IT SHOULD) and can be found everywhere in the multiverse. It makes sense.

Remove ads

Remove ads