Atatas

Beefermatic said:

Howdy Beefermatic! :)

would you have any objection to me periodically posting finished beings that were unfinished from the 'Gods and Monsters' book? Like Dabbat and a couple others?

Feel free - fire away. If ever it was to get finished I'd be happy for it to get released as a free pdf.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Awesome! Thanks UK! Much appreciated! I can't promise I'll finish it, but a couple of the characters made flesh is definitely on the horizon. :)

Certainly someone should do this - I kept telling myself that I'd take a stab at a few of them, but real life kept interfering (something I'm sure U_K knows better than any of us).

Certainly someone should do this - I kept telling myself that I'd take a stab at a few of them, but real life kept interfering (something I'm sure U_K knows better than any of us).

You know Alzrius, I have always been a fan of your work. I actually have an impromptu book I threw together filled with various monsters that have appeared on this site, many of them yours. Thank you.

Why not help me out with this? I understand that life gets in the way, I'm in the middle of med school and working, so believe me, I feel you. lol.

That said however, I'd be honored to work with you, even just when you can, like work on a single time lord and post it when you get the opportunity and the time. Or if it just becomes too much trouble just let me know and I'll get the ball rolling where you left off.

This actually extends to anyone willing to help me. Eduao, Belzamus, Mr. Satan, I know you guys are always posting, like half of this forum is based on your posts. I'd love to collaborate with you guys, anyone who is willing really, and get some of the stuff from the IH: Gods and Monsters situated.

Really, all that's left is a time lord and a high lord, beyond that there are a ton of hypotheticals in the form of the Table of Contents of that book, it's definitely worth taking a look at, in my opinion, if you guys are down?

:)

Belzamus

First Post
I actually hadn't posted in like 6 months, but I'll probably be around more now.

On the other hand, I just got Skyrim and I'm not sure I have ownership of my soul at the moment...

I can probably help out, though.

It's a shame my own setting is so different than the standard IH setting; I don't think any of my own Immortals really fit within the framework. Though a few might be generic enough to include, I'll have to look.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
You know Alzrius, I have always been a fan of your work. I actually have an impromptu book I threw together filled with various monsters that have appeared on this site, many of them yours. Thank you.

I'm really happy that you like what I've written. Thanks for the high praise! :D

Why not help me out with this? I understand that life gets in the way, I'm in the middle of med school and working, so believe me, I feel you. lol.

That said however, I'd be honored to work with you, even just when you can, like work on a single time lord and post it when you get the opportunity and the time. Or if it just becomes too much trouble just let me know and I'll get the ball rolling where you left off.

I admit, this is very tempting. My big worry is that - in terms of constructing a creature's stat block - it's not really something that can be divided up in terms of who does what. Stat blocks are too inter-related in their various components, and so it's pretty well impossible to coordinate between individuals unless they're making it together in real-time...and even then, it'd be a challenge.

If not for that though...I'd really like to stat out a high lord like Tetragrammaton, or even Domedon-Doxomedon.

This actually extends to anyone willing to help me. Eduao, Belzamus, Mr. Satan, I know you guys are always posting, like half of this forum is based on your posts. I'd love to collaborate with you guys, anyone who is willing really, and get some of the stuff from the IH: Gods and Monsters situated.

It would be nice to see some activity kicked up here. Particularly when we've already got the framework in the v.3.5 IH books.

Really, all that's left is a time lord and a high lord, beyond that there are a ton of hypotheticals in the form of the Table of Contents of that book, it's definitely worth taking a look at, in my opinion, if you guys are down?

To be fair, most of the mid- and higher-level subjects of IH Gods & Monsters could stand to be filled in. Most have plenty of gaps or placeholders.

Mr.Satan

First Post

I have quite a few pages of custom or revised rules that I use for various PCs and NPCs. I could hand those over and you could sort through them and use the ones that would fit best.

There are even a couple of creatures and templates.

I actually hadn't posted in like 6 months, but I'll probably be around more now.

On the other hand, I just got Skyrim and I'm not sure I have ownership of my soul at the moment...

I can probably help out, though.

It's a shame my own setting is so different than the standard IH setting; I don't think any of my own Immortals really fit within the framework. Though a few might be generic enough to include, I'll have to look.

Actually, I use the slightly off stuff along side the others. It's an easy enough process to add a generic divine-ish template to things, and not everything has to be an actual god. I have something called 'Spiritual Strength' that I add to high level Outsiders and people who want god like powers without any of the drawbacks, but not nearly the growth. If you look at IH Ascension pg 17 and use that growth block as a template then you can see what I use. It's fairly easy to add that to a pre-existing creature with some minor tweaking, and call it a day.

So fire away!

I'm really happy that you like what I've written. Thanks for the high praise! :D

I admit, this is very tempting. My big worry is that - in terms of constructing a creature's stat block - it's not really something that can be divided up in terms of who does what. Stat blocks are too inter-related in their various components, and so it's pretty well impossible to coordinate between individuals unless they're making it together in real-time...and even then, it'd be a challenge.

If not for that though...I'd really like to stat out a high lord like Tetragrammaton, or even Domedon-Doxomedon.

It would be nice to see some activity kicked up here. Particularly when we've already got the framework in the v.3.5 IH books.

To be fair, most of the mid- and higher-level subjects of IH Gods & Monsters could stand to be filled in. Most have plenty of gaps or placeholders.

Things don't need to be perfect. We're all big boys here, we can improvise and fix stuff as we see fit if needed. I put 'as needed' most of the time on feats lists, for instance, rather than actually pouring for hours over the feats. They are for the most part kind of outdated at that point anyway, in my opinion of course.

I think if we just simply get some framework creatures, Dabbat, Tetragrammaton, etc., down and just take it all with a grain of salt. You make something, I make something, Satan makes something for instance, and just take into consideration that we all have different ideas of what these beings should be like, and how they should be handled and just simply accept that basically we are all going to have some kind of knit-pick with everyone else's stuff, and let it go, then I think we'll be fine, and I think we'll really have a chance of getting this thing going somewhere.

I think we should all work independently and simply collaborate on who works on what so there is no confusion. When the beings are situated, like it or not, we accept it, and if we don't like something we change it for our own personal use and call it a day.

Also we shouldn't expect magic overnight, I expect a long while for anyone to get anything crazy up.

I have quite a few pages of custom or revised rules that I use for various PCs and NPCs. I could hand those over and you could sort through them and use the ones that would fit best.

There are even a couple of creatures and templates.

Hells yeah! Templates and variant rules are awesome! There are like 500 unfinished templates that would be great to see fleshed out.

---

Like I said previously, if you guys can help cool beans; if not then no worries. I'm planning on putting stuff down when I have time regardless of if you guys help or not. :) I personally love the IH System, and really want to see it to fruition, or at least the last book, even in PDF format. Thanks again UK.

If you guys are down to help, then pick a creature and let's do it. As it stands Abraxas, Dabbat, and Tetragammaton, are unfinished as far as big dog Gods. The rest are monsters, and templates. Easy enough if handled right.

If any of these strikes your fancy please go nuts.

Abomination
Drakainai (She-Dragons)
Gigantes (Giant Ones)
*Bestidol (Animal Tyrants)
Bogeyman (Zombie King) Template
Bolla (Worm)
Chon Chon (*Demon Vampire flying head thing) Template
Demon, Tzitzimime (Star Demon)
Dragon, Doom
Dahak (Doom Dragon)
Typhon (Lunar Dragon)
Dragon, Lunar
Draugr (Grateful Dead)
Golem, Chalk
Kalagni (Flame of Time)
Keres (Evil Spirit) Template
*Jotunn (Troll)
Kulshedra (The Beast of Gorgiron)
Likho (*The pure embodiment of evil)
Magog (Harbinger of Doom)
Ma-Yuan (God-Slayer)
Menhir (Spell-Eaters)
Pitris (*Entity level abimnation, thinking biological based, universal cancer)
Strigoi (Space Vampire) Template
Titan Template (lesser and greater)
Wakinyan (Thunderbird)

*all of these I made a minor modification to just for simplicity and thought provocation. IH: Gods and Monsters has the original.

UK, before any of us go ahead with any of this, are you okay with this?

Thanks guys, either way. It's most appreciated. :)

Remove ads