• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[August] What are you reading?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
After finishing Gypsy Morph, I changed my plan as I walked over to my bookshelf to grab the next book.

Instead of jumping into the S.M. Stirling books like I said I would, I grabbed Odd Hours by Dean Koontz, which was sitting on top of those Stirling novels. I can't say I'm a big fan of DK, but I love the Odd Thomas books.

After that, I'll return to my scheduled appointment with SMS, but then I'll head over to finish reading the de Lint books that have been stuck in boxes during the house renovation. (I was enjoyed them, but they were too big for me to tote around while displaced.)

Krug

Newshound
Starting on The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman.

And have to say The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is utterly fabulous. Pop culture, magic realism and just great writing. I'm not a big fan of the footnotes style though but was thoroughly engrossed.

Krug

Newshound
Finished re(x15)-reading Glen Cook's personal favorite book of his own, The Tower of Fear.

I so badly want to find more novels like that one, from any author. I own everything Glen's written and I concur with Glen, I think The Tower of Fear is his best writing ever.

Heck of an endorsement. Will definitely try to check it out.

Remove ads