D&D 5E Auroboros Kickstarter From Warcraft Devs Has Launched

The D&D 5E setting from developers who originally hail from video game studios like Blizzard, and video games like Warcraft and Diablo, has launched on Kickstarter with a bang, as expected. Auroborus: Coils of the Serpent details a realm called Lawbrand, which contains a number of trade cities and factions. Will this one be the 4th in the last month to join the $1M club?

The high-powered team, under the banner of Warchief Gaming, includes Chris Metzen (Blizzard Entertainment, Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, Overwatch), Mike Gilmartin (Blizzard, Eidos, Maxis, Atari), and Ryan Collins (Hearthstone, Marvel Heroes, HeroClix).

The setting contains 5 new races and 4 new subclasses, plus details of 8 trade cities. It also features a new game rule called the Mark of the Serpent which lets you do incredibly powerful magical effects at a cost.

For $25 you can pick up the PDF bundle, or $50 for the hardcover. There are higher tiers with GM screens, world maps, slipcases, and more, with expected delivery in one year (March 2022).

4dee8328fcbf30e30a1b272d67e9a452_original.png

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I am liking it. Not sure how much is his influence, but Chris Metzen has always had a flare for presentation. I'll take a look later at what level I may try to back this at.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I am liking it. Not sure how much is his influence, but Chris Metzen has always had a flare for presentation. I'll take a look later at what level I may try to back this at.
As mentioned on the other thread, the expanded details about the setting feel very much like they're in Metzen's wheelhouse. And the art shown on the campaign page, including the map and character sheets, are gorgeous. Real British Fantasy vibes, which is fitting, given Blizzard's relationship to Warhammer.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
They’ve got a Backerkit ad spend I see, so this thing is going to do the million. I’m calling it now!
Oh I don't think I will be betting against it. He has a lot of reach and avenues to promote this thing.

Plus, and understand that I do very much like WarCraft and StarCraft so I am biased, I am pretty excited. The art and the potential for a magic like system that gives you power for possible self-destruction and definite corruption has always spoke to me.

ccooke

Adventurer
I am annoyed with just how much the spelling is getting to me. It's just a name, damnit. Hell, it's a translated name, and I can see that other people have used that spelling. But every time I see it... wince.

The fact that this is blowing Symbaroum 5E out of the water so quickly is a little disheartening to me. Like, it looks...fine? Definitely interesting that they pulled back on that rock-n-roll centaur image, that was such a big part of earlier coverage.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases