• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Avenger Staff

Thanks everyone for your input, much appreciated. No decisions made as yet, but I'm thinking a Vicious staff might be the way to go.
Z

There is also some property that allows you to deal radiant damage, and when doing so, add the weapons enhancement bonus as item bonus to damage. I don't remember it's name, though, it should be in Adventurers Vault.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Dranko's an avenger?!

I need to go to Gen Con just to give you a hug, man.

Please, let me know what you ultimately decided for converting him (if you actually are converting). There needs to be more whip love in 4e.
I doubt we'll convert. It was more a fun thought exercise than anything else. I statted Dranko up as a lvl 24 half-orc avenger multiclassed into rogue. I'm not sure if I'd do that or go full rogue multiclassed into cleric, but it's fun to muck around with. Either way, the lack of a beefy weapon for the avenger is just painful.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I let one of my players have a steel-shod staff, a superior version of the staff. It's a +2/1d10 double weapon with off-hand and defensive properties (basically, the stats of a double flail, but we call it a steel-shod staff). If you did something like this, your DPS would still not be as good as with fullblade, but you would have +1 AC and could take TWF and TWDefense to pump it even higher.

-- 77IM

Remove ads