• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Average number of players in a group?

Number of players in your group

• 1 player

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • 2-3 players

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • 4-5 players

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • 6-7 players

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • 8+ players

Votes: 6 4.5%

KrazyHades

First Post
WotC is building 4E around the concept that most groups have 5 players. How many players does your group have?

EDIT: Just players, don't count the DM

Last edited:

Greylock

First Post
Other. Our group is usually somewhere between 4 + DM and 6 + DM. Sometimes 3, once I think we had seven, and maybe we'll be seven again soon, permanently. Unless a couple of players can't make it.

hth

pogre

Legend
I have 6 steady players. That's a good number for me. I will play with as few as 4, but I like 5 or 6. I wonder if they went with 5 because its difficult to get new DMs going?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
There needs to be a second poll to go along with this one, regarding how many characters are in your game's adventuring party. 5 players does not equal 5 characters, once you factor in party NPCs, players running multiple PCs at a time, and so on.

While the game design seems to assume 1 player = 1 character (thus making a standard party of 4 in 3e and 5 in 4e), is this assumption correct? I suggest that more often than not, it isn't...

Lanefan

Pinotage

Explorer
6 players. I don't think I've played many times with less. I've certainly never played in a game with only 4 players. So much for the 3.5e system. It was always more fun to have more players.

Pinotage

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads