Awesome beyond Awesome

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I play, my group always uses my vinyl battlemat. Its a mat with one inch squares, 22x25, that you can write on with an over-head marker. Improves convenience by a lot, and allows for my easy drawing of the map. I'd honestly suggest that everyone who actually uses minis and such for battles get one, they're only about twenty bucks.

Just Friday, I got a new one. Not the now wimpy-seeming 22x25 inch one like I already have. Oh no, this baby is 48x96 inches. This thing is huge, it fills my entire living room. I'm going to use it to kick off the new sci-fi d20 campaign I'm going to be starting soon (I can provide details on that if anyone wants them). Plus, the other side of the mat is an equally large hexagon grid. Kick. Ass.

Anyways, just wanted to share my joy, and also say that getting one of these things is a very worthwhile investment.

Rapida said:
Where did you get it? I've got one that is rather small and in 6 blocks, and it is a little annoying.
Hobbytown USA, a local game store. Expensive as hell though. Costs $80, but I got it on a 20% sale, and I'd been saving up for it. My other mat was a fairly good size, but I'd often run out of space, and besides, I can do whole fortresses on the new one. :D

Remove ads