Babylon 5- "Survivor" style

Wolf72 said:
the one where Delenn whipped out the G-ring on G'Kar!

That was the pilot.

I vote for Chrysalis. A plot to assassinate the president? C'mon, Garibaldi dealt with it long before Keifer Sutherland ever had to.

NiTessine

Explorer
Mind War. First appearance of Bester. Ironheart. Psychics.

I was not so hot on the eventual "resolution" of that plotline, but that was a different episode and a different season, but of the first season, this one stands out the most to me.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
If I've got one vote:

By Any Means Necessary. Great 'working life of the station' story, excellent denoument.

If I was allowed a second vote it would be

Deathwalker. Hearing the plot of this was what got me started on B5. Just too cool for words.

Cheers

ShadowDenizen

Explorer
I'm glad to see that we're (already) getting a variety of votes for different eps.
I'm gonna go ahead and cast my vote for "Born to the Purple" though, as A) it's the first ep I ever saw (I came to the series a little late!!) and B) it gives a great insight into Londo's character.

I recently watched all 5 seasons and I must say picking the best B5 epsiode will be way easier then picking Buffy.

Interesting.
I ran the "Buffy-vivor" thread, and kinda knew right away that it would either be "Hush" or "OMWF" that would win. With this, I'm not even sure what will win each season, let alone what will win overall.

Last edited:

Brakkart

First Post
ShadowDenizen said:
Interesting.
I ran the "Buffy-vivor" thread, and kinda knew right away that it would either be "Hush" or "OMWF" that would win. With this, I'm not even sure what will win each season, let alone what will win overall.

If I had to put money on it right now? I'd say Severed Dreams or Intersections in Real Time will eventually win it, and I'd lean more towards Severed Dreams cinching it.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Brakkart said:
If I had to put money on it right now? I'd say Severed Dreams or Intersections in Real Time will eventually win it, and I'd lean more towards Severed Dreams cinching it.
Don't bet on it. Z'ha'dum could win the third season. :)

Which reminds me, when this gets to the third season should War Without End count as one episode?

Endur

First Post
2nd Season: The Coming of Shadows/In the Shadow of Z'ha'Dum/The Fall of Night

3rd Season: Severed Dreams/Interludes and Examinations/Z'ha'Dum

4th Season: The Hour of the Wolf/Falling Toward Apotheosis/Into The Fire/No Surrender No Retreat

5th Season: Sleeping in Light

Staffan

Legend
jonesy said:
Don't bet on it. Z'ha'dum could win the third season. :)

Which reminds me, when this gets to the third season should War Without End count as one episode?
Well, Voice in the Wilderness apparently doesn't.

As for premature guesses about the best of the whole show, my guess would be Coming of Shadows or Severed Dreams. Those two are the Hugo award winners, after all.

Remove ads