Bad Movies You Liked

Celebrim

Legend
I don't like bad movies. I like underappreciated classics.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Creator
Blood of Heroes
Joe vs. The Volcano

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I listed Red Sonja. I was a fan of Ernie Reyes Jr. Oh! Speaking of, another movie that I absolutely love, and watch probably once a year or so that doesn't get any love: The Last Dragon. Bruce Leroy! Shonuff!

Then there are two of us.

BTW, the web preview photobucket pic on your DTRPG product is messed up.

The only thing I like about Street Fighter the movie is Raul Julia having a great time.

That's the best part. Fun Fact : He knew he was dying and so let his kids pick his last role. I honestly think the only person who took the movie serious was Kylie Minogue. Looking back, at the time it was made did the Street Fighter games even have a plot?

You may remember watching the movie, but for me it was Tuesday.

Mallus

Legend
Joe vs. The Volcano
I'll go to my grave defending Joe Versus the Volcano as a legitimate classic American film. It sits in the middle of a Venn diagram whose circles are ridiculous, romantic, and true.

It's a defining moment in the friendship of several of my closest friends that we saw Joe Vs. in the theater. Same with Hudson Hawk, come to think...

I greatly enjoyed both Joe Versus the Volcano and Hudson Hawk. I show the latter all the time to people who haven't seen it. It is such a hilarious crazy movie. I especially love the singing heist(s), and that stupid dog being shot through a window.

As for Red Sonja, I enjoyed it as a kid, but seeing it now as an adult, Brigitte Nielson's acting is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Mercurius

Legend
By virtue of liking a film, I wouldn't call it "bad," so I'll emphasize films I liked that ran counter to popular opinion.

I quite liked Batman v. Superman, especially in relation to the homogenous MCU factory. It was dark, epic, and felt like several movies in one. I wasn't crazy about some elements - the monster thing at the end was a bit one-dimensional and uninteresting. But overall it worked for me.

I also liked Dark Phoenix far more than the reviews. No, it wasn't Claremont/Byrne, but it was a lot better than the Radner fiasco. While I wouldn't call it a great movie by any means, the fact that it didn't totally butcher the Phoenix saga makes it pretty good. Sansa did better than I thought and some good performances throughout.

Here's an obscure one: Terence Malick's Knight of Cups. Yes, Malick is pretty pretentious, but he can also be quite deep and damn if he doesn't know cinematography. This is very much a "spiritual quest" story, and thus misunderstood by most of the viewing public, even the film snobs who were the only ones who probably saw it.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Without a doubt, the number one for me is Ron Ely's Doc Savage. Saw it at the drive through with Mom when I was a kid. Of more recent vintage, the live action Speed Racer, which I think is a better movie than Iron Man.

:)

Ulfgeir

Hero
I like Jupiter Ascending, Dune, Dark Crystal, Stardust, Labyrinth, and Street fighter. Also loved the first Mortal Kombat-movie. I think Blade Runner also falls into this category (though it has to be the version WITH the voice-over, and WITHOUT the Unicorn dream sequence)

Remove ads