• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E Baldur’s Gate: The Descent in the wild!

Parmandur

Legend
So, the Background section is mostly alternative features and tables for the existing Backgrounds, with one new one: Masked Hero, that is, Batman/Zorro/Scarlet Pimpernel. Badass.

Is it true that there is the option to redeem Zariel in the adventure? (and are her stats the same as in MTOF?) If so, or if she otherwise departs from her position, who becomes the new Lord of Avernus? Does the adventure provide a "canonical" answer?

Parmandur

Legend
Is it true that there is the option to redeem Zariel in the adventure? (and are her stats the same as in MTOF?) If so, or if she otherwise departs from her position, who becomes the new Lord of Avernus? Does the adventure provide a "canonical" answer?
The Table of Contents implies yes to Zariel being redeemable, and that "who wins?" in Avernus is a question that it opens, but probably doesn't close.

Was he just defeated, or was he outright destroyed? Either way, I'm sure Thrym is thrilled...
Well he wasn't in Out of the Abyss. It was kind of surprising; I can see Pazuzu having something in place to keep him out of places he can't fly, but I couldn't figure out a good reason for Kostchtchie not to have made the journey (those being the last two of what I think are the big demon lords).

Advertisement