• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bastion's campaign sketches/art and REQUESTs

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
I've been enjoying this thread for a long time, but I'd never left a comment... Great work! Your sketches are always enjoyable, plenty of detail!

I'll have to come up with some characters to sketch, because this is great!

InVinoVeritas, Good to hear from you & glad you like my sketches. Go ahead and post some characters, you never know when I'll get some time to whip something up. (After I finish my brothers characters of course, they've been giving me alot of grief ;) )

Bastion

I haven't drawn much lately, too busy DMing, but here is a NPC from my game.

Leogyn Irontongue
Leogyn1.jpg

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Hey Bastion, not sure how busy you are but I've made up a fighter for an upcoming Pathfinder RPG game and I was wondering if you could give it a sketch.

That litorain you did for me was pure awesomeness, I'd love to see what you can come up with for Thunder Malloy.

Cor Azer

First Post
BastionLightbringer said:
Here's another image from my game.

Gorhanwarrior.jpg

Is it just me, or is that Rohan-inspired? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm a big Rohan fan myself. Just curious about inspiration because it's an intriguing sketch.

Cor Azer said:
Is it just me, or is that Rohan-inspired? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm a big Rohan fan myself. Just curious about inspiration because it's an intriguing sketch.

Well, yes and no. I had the idea of a region of my game world to sort of Rohanish, with riders and plains. Then the more history I wrote for my campiagn, and the more I studied history of europe and western Asia, I decided to base the region on varangians . Since the plan for that region in my campaign was always to have it settled by vikings, it made sense to base the people on the swedish vikings that went east to Russia and whose armor and equipment was influenced by the steppe warriors, and huns.

To sum up, i went more with a historical model of a medieval russian warrior than LOTR's but came up with the same outcome. Which I am happy with.

Hope that made sense.

Cor Azer

First Post
BastionLightbringer said:
Well, yes and no. I had the idea of a region of my game world to sort of Rohanish, with riders and plains. Then the more history I wrote for my campiagn, and the more I studied history of europe and western Asia, I decided to base the region on varangians . Since the plan for that region in my campaign was always to have it settled by vikings, it made sense to base the people on the swedish vikings that went east to Russia and whose armor and equipment was influenced by the steppe warriors, and huns.

To sum up, i went more with a historical model of a medieval russian warrior than LOTR's but came up with the same outcome. Which I am happy with.

Hope that made sense.

Makes complete sense... an example of parallel evolution :)

Reveille said:
Hey Bastion, not sure how busy you are but I've made up a fighter for an upcoming Pathfinder RPG game and I was wondering if you could give it a sketch.

That litorain you did for me was pure awesomeness, I'd love to see what you can come up with for Thunder Malloy.

Well, I'm pretty busy, but I might throw something together for ya. 6'6 and 160lbs is pretty skinny, but if thats what you want, you got it.

Remove ads