Battlestar Galatica Razor

Slink RatBane

Explorer
I just saw the sneak preview at a local theater and I got my BSG fix big time. :D

The story takes place when Apollo took over the Pegasus. It jumps between when Admiral Cane during the second cyclon attack and even a young Adama during the first cyclon war.

The DVD of this comes out in Dec and has more footage with story in it so it worth getting.. The HD DVD season 1 is released. Saw a preview of season 4 and can't since Razor gives you inside info. Hope writer's strike doesn't effect it as I can't wait. :confused:

vrykyl

Explorer
The Margaret Weis Productions crew made it down to Chicago last night for a screening of Razor. We also had a good time, and I ramble on it about the experience on our company blog. Seeing the "classic" style Cylons was a fun moment that brought applause from our audience, but it was the dark story of Pegasus and Admiral Cain through the eyes of Kendra Shaw that made the story work.

I'm not sure what to think of the "revelation" at the end or the tiny peek into Season Four. I'll be mulling on them for a bit...

RazorCoverFinal.jpg

Jamie Chambers
Vice President
Margaret Weis Productions, Ltd.

BadMojo

First Post
I really, really, really want Season 3 released on DVD before Season 4 hits but I don't think that's happening. I've seen Seasons 1, 2 and about a third of season 3.

No word on Season 3 with all the other stuff going on?

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
They have delayed Season 4, and with the writers strike, who knows when it might actually start. The plan was to release the Season 3 DVD shortly before Season 4 starts airing in order to build buzz. If the strike continues, I wonder if they will decide differently so they can get the revenue from the DVD set.

So far, I've only seen the webisodes. Pretty interesting stuff.

I disliked the special effects a bit, the movement of the vipers didn't feel as "Newtonian" as I am used too. (Maybe Newtons law wasn't discovered 40 years ago? :) ). But hey, visual effects in the webisodes, I am going to complain much?

The actor playing Adama was pretty well chosen, I think. He looks like a mix of Apollo and Adama (barely visible pock narbs, "baby face".) He had to adjust his voice a bit (reminded me of Batman Begins), but it still made a good impression.

And damn, the "new" old cylons didn't look too bad! I hope there will be a bit more combat scenes with them in Razor (provided they managed retain their menacing appearance if using more often and in "traditional" combat scenarios).

Fast Learner

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
The actor playing Adama was pretty well chosen, I think. He looks like a mix of Apollo and Adama (barely visible pock narbs, "baby face".) He had to adjust his voice a bit (reminded me of Batman Begins), but it still made a good impression.
In the full movie, he does a really great job of mimicking Olmos' speech patterns -- not the voice, and not the dialogue, but the kind of pauses and emphases and such. I quite liked it.

Remove ads