Batwoman pilot ordered by CW

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
<a href="https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ruby-rose-led-batwoman-pilot-a-go-at-cw-1172794" target="_blank">
<aside class="blog-post-deck" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; float: left; width: calc(100% - 316px); color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">David Nutter, who helmed 'Game of Thrones, 'Arrow' and 'The Flash,' is on board to direct.
</aside><article class="blog-post-body js-fitvids-content" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.75em; font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif; font-size: 0.975em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">It's official: The CW is moving forward with a Batwoman stand-alone series.
The network on Thursday handed out a pilot order for the Ruby Rose-led drama from showrunner and writer Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries) and exec producer Greg Berlanti.
David Nutter, the Emmy-winning Game of Thrones helmer who previously helmed pilots for The CW's The Flash and Arrow,will serve in the same capacity on Batwoman.
The news comes mere weeks after Orange Is the New Black alum Rose made her debut in The CW's three-way DC Comics series crossover (dubbed "Elseworlds"). The drama,
first put in development in July, was widely expected to be picked up to pilot and remains a frontrunner for a series order given the auspices attached (and that The CW's Arrow,now in season seven, has begun to show its age).
</article>
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ruby-rose-led-batwoman-pilot-a-go-at-cw-1172794

I had no doubt this was coming. Ruby Rose was great in Elseworlds. I can't wait for this.

Copying and pasting with a tablet is not my strength. Sorry for the weird post.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
While Ruby Rose was good, The weird Gotham where Batman has been missing for ‘a while’ didn’t really appeal to me, we’ve already had the CW treatment of Dark Vigilante in the first 3 seasons of Arrow, how much more grit can Batwoman give us in the CW?

Especially after the Batman that Titans gave us

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I haven't seen Titans yet. I can't afford the streaming service. Maybe with new writers it becomes a successor to Arrow but is still fresh. I'm just hoping the show can fill the Gotham sized hole we're about to have. If it can replace Arrow even better. I'm disappointed with Black Lightning. I like The Gifted but not enough to keep up with it weekly. So my hopes are high for Batwoman.

Remove ads