D&D 5E Bending Problem With Top Heavy Nolzur's Goristro Miniature

So, I have two of the Nolzur Goristro miniature:

goristro.jpg

I've discovered that both of these miniatures have come to bend to the same side, possibly underneath their own weight (these are top heavy miniatures). The one I've had longer is noticeably bent more than the other. What could I do to remedy this? Perhaps some sort of added support?

Last edited:

Tazawa

Adventurer
I have the same issue.

IMG_1030.JPG

I’m going to try hot water, but it likely needs reinforcement somewhere.

Does anyone know a good way of doing this?

Oofta

Legend
You can bend it back in shape - I'd try the hot water thing myself, but after that it really depends on what you're comfortable with.

I use Apoxie Sculpt a two-part composite that can be used for sculpting, so you could potentially build out the base and make a column or some kind that the goristo is "holding" or leaning on to support it.

Other than that, because of the leg shape any support is going to be visible. Maybe someone else has a suggestion?

One of those open claws look perfect for putting a nice solid polearm in as a support.

And if a player says "But Goristros don't use weapons! That so fake." you can either slap them with a sock full of old batteries, or just nod and smile enigmatically while saying "That's right! You've never heard of such a thing before. Strange, isn't it?"

Quickleaf

Legend
After doing the corrective boiling water and bending technique, then I would get a pin drill and some metal pinning rods (most hobby shops sell them). I'd either pin straight up a leg – if the angle is possible – or else allow the pin rod to be partially exposed and drill in through the first "bendback" in the recurving leg. Sorry, I know there's a biological term for animals legs bending that way, but it escapes me at the moment. And for the base, I'd use something heavier than just a 3"x3" plastic base or I'd glue a suitably sized washer to the bottom of the base.

Remove ads