D&D General Benedict Cumberbatch Narrates A Drizzt Short [Updated]

On WotC’s YouTube channel, this animated short has just appeared.

“Narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch and written by R.A. Salvatore, Sleep Sound reintroduces the origin story of the iconic Dungeons & Dragons hero, Drizzt Do’Urden.”

UPDATE! A summer of Drizzt has been announced (Scroll down to post #5).

The video appears to have been since set to Private.

Update again — There’s a different working link floating round Twitter. It's a poem narrated by Cumberbatch along with animated images of Drizzt as a baby, Menzoberranzan (and spiders!), and also Drizzt as he first emerged from the Underdark into Icewind Dale, with glimpses of his later companions.

There’s also a link to a page called “Legend of Drizzt” which currently leads to the main D&D page.

Also on WotC’s channel a video called “All Things Drizzt” has appeared. It has no description but it appears to be some kind of live event starting tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jaeger

That someone better
They could do a whole lot worse than to make the The Dark Elf Trilogy into a tv series.

It gives viewers a different look for fantasy than GoT ,LOTR, or the Witcher did.

Plus it is one of Salvator's better efforts. Which would make adaptation much easier.

What I would really like to see is the puppeteering + CGI puppeteer removal tech used for the sentient rock Lore from the Dark Crystal tv series used for more fantasy creatures.

If I was in charge of Netflix, to me that would be the future of fantasy creature special effects.

I just can't help but think that such puppet/CGI tech would make a big visual difference for fight scenes and how the actors would interact with monsters, etc. The actors are not interacting or talking to a creature while looking at it from a slightly off angle, or with weird delayed reactions...

And it looks like a pale grey skin tone with a hint of purple is the official new look for the Drow.

Two thumbs up on that.

That video/poem/narrator combo just cost me 2d6 SAN, thanks WotC, thanks a bunch.

Also man they gonna need to change Drizzt's backstory a bit because he is he is going to get mega-cancelled for dating a girl he'd known when he was an adult and she was 11... 😬 Not great.

I guess maybe they'll just go with modern elf-aging and have him be 11-ish too.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases