Besides RPGs and Video Games, What Do You Do For Fun?

R_J_K75

Legend
I try to always have some ready. Right now I have an IPA made with tasty New Zeland hops and a mint Stout that pairs well with thin mints.
I got a buddy, known him since 86-87, now he's a bail bondsman, amateur sommelier, and a "gardener" One stopping my friends. Its sad when that's better than what educated botanists can grow.

R_J_K75

Legend
Not sure where one would get a Lord Soth at this point, but it looks like you can still get a Demogorgon:
I just looked at their site, any idea how many pedals he makes per model? The bio reads like its a one man operation but I doubt thats the case. 4-5 weeks to design a custom pedal would imply that on a limited run pedal thats 4-5 weeks to design and then the time to build however many units they make per model to bring it to market. I'd assume that some, if not a majority of the circuitry is reused and just tweaked a bit for the various models. I have no idea how pedals are made so Im just speculating. Regardless he's gotta be doing something right as most of their models are sold out.

I just looked at their site, any idea how many pedals he makes per model? The bio reads like its a one man operation but I doubt thats the case. 4-5 weeks to design a custom pedal would imply that on a limited run pedal thats 4-5 weeks to design and then the time to build however many units they make per model to bring it to market. I'd assume that some, if not a majority of the circuitry is reused and just tweaked a bit for the various models. I have no idea how pedals are made so Im just speculating. Regardless he's gotta be doing something right as most of their models are sold out.

It sounds like a one-person operation, though some of the pedals are collaborations. Yeah, I know very little about pedal construction as well. I once fixed a loose wire in one with some soldering, but that's about it.

R_J_K75

Legend
It sounds like a one-person operation, though some of the pedals are collaborations. Yeah, I know very little about pedal construction as well. I once fixed a loose wire in one with some soldering, but that's about it.
I would think that he's gotta have some people he works with in some capacity to make it worth his while. I had to replace the tubes on my amp and there was a cage where the tubes were. It was impossible to get off so I literally had to rip it off. Nice amp but that design aspect was ridiculous. You can see it under the FX loop.
Bugera22.jpg

Ryujin

Legend
I would think that he's gotta have some people he works with in some capacity to make it worth his while. I had to replace the tubes on my amp and there was a cage where the tubes were. It was impossible to get off so I literally had to rip it off. Nice amp but that design aspect was ridiculous. You can see it under the FX loop.View attachment 290599
Might be a ground shield, to reduce noise, if it was around one or more tubes.

I would think that he's gotta have some people he works with in some capacity to make it worth his while. I had to replace the tubes on my amp and there was a cage where the tubes were. It was impossible to get off so I literally had to rip it off. Nice amp but that design aspect was ridiculous. You can see it under the FX loop.View attachment 290599

Ah, you know it's a good amp when it's upholstered, right?

R_J_K75

Legend
Might be a ground shield, to reduce noise, if it was around one or more tubes.
If it was its a little late now, that was at least a year ago, if not longer and I mangled it to death then threw it away. I'm trying to remember why it wouldn't come off but I'm drawing a blank. I want to say it was rivetted in maybe, but it's possible I just didn't have the right tools thus resulting in the use of brute force. I haven't noticed any excess noise, actually it's pretty quiet even if it's not on standby. Changing the tubes actually made the tone better too.

Ryujin

Legend
If it was its a little late now, that was at least a year ago, if not longer and I mangled it to death then threw it away. I'm trying to remember why it wouldn't come off but I'm drawing a blank. I want to say it was rivetted in maybe, but it's possible I just didn't have the right tools thus resulting in the use of brute force. I haven't noticed any excess noise, actually it's pretty quiet even if it's not on standby. Changing the tubes actually made the tone better too.
In tube devices the shields are frequently riveted, in addition to having massive solder pads on all sides. Just removing the solder can damage the board, because it requires so much heat. Thankfully I haven't dealt with tubes in 40-odd years.

Remove ads