Besides RPGs and Video Games, What Do You Do For Fun?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Golf
Hike
Travel (Norway coming up)
Walk
Go to breweries and wineries

Other ways I wish I spent more time doing, as I like them:
Boardgames
painting minis
playing guitar (I'm not great, and I can't sing, so it gets boring.....used to play with a group of guys in teh old neighborhood, that was great)
reading (I probably finish one or two books a month, some months more)

Other ways I spend my time I would change in various ways:
Spend too much time online talking sports and games
Write PDFs I never finish
Write novels I never finish
watching shows about moving to the country or building amazing spaces or big bang theory (which, why? I've seen them all!)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I left off gardening and maintaining the house occasionally, which I seem to enjoy more now than I did before. Oh, and I do really like to cook.

That is cool, but Im often amazed how companies get away with using other peoples IPs. I'd be surprised if they licensed Lord Soths likeness. Probably only a few made and not worth WotC effort to issue a C&D or sue. Was this a one-off or available as a limited run?

Yeah, Bardic Audio Devices is a pretty small potatoes operation. The Lord Soth pedal was a limited edition pedal, and is no longer available. I think the line in the sand for unauthorized IP usage is pretty variable for major companies.

I drink alone, with nobody else…

Nah, I read, write, talk to my kids, encourage my wife’s sewing hobby and videos, walk, listen to music (whatever genre is on my mind, and go to church.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I thought about doing this myself but eventually decided on a just a generalized board.
Part of the reason I want to do that is to avoid doing a bunch of pedal swaps and/or setting changes when I want to do a deep dive into a particular genre.

The kinds of dirt pedals you’d want to use for 60s style spy guitar are different from those you’d use for stoner rock. A board sporting rotary pedals, pitch shifters, ring modulators, synths and a theremin won’t be ideal for jazz standards. Etc.

But as you well know, that task would involve a nontrivial monetary investment in cables, if nothing else. And cables are about the unsexiest, most unfun things to spend money on in electric guitar. So every time I start getting serious about the pedalboard project, I inevitably find a new pedal to buy, or even something for one of my other hobbies.

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
Part of the reason I want to do that is to avoid doing a bunch of pedal swaps and/or setting changes when I want to do a deep dive into a particular genre.

The kinds of dirt pedals you’d want to use for 60s style spy guitar are different from those you’d use for stoner rock. A board sporting rotary pedals, pitch shifters, ring modulators, synths and a theremin won’t be ideal for jazz standards. Etc.

But as you well know, that task would involve a nontrivial monetary investment in cables, if nothing else. And cables are about the unsexiest, most unfun things to spend money on in electric guitar. So every time I start getting serious about the pedalboard project, I inevitably find a new pedal to buy, or even something for one of my other hobbies.
This was my solution to "I want a generalized" pedal board, is it great, no, its like I could probably get most of sounds I wanted out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44

Divine2021

Adventurer
I was a competitive powerlifter for about ten years, but I recently switched to fighting, primarily boxing and BJJ. It’s a lot of fun, even for an old guy like me.

Most of my other free time is spent with my little kiddos, reading whenever I can squeeze in the time, and playing videogames when the kids are in bed. Recently my wife and I have been watching a ton of Star Trek, and that’s been a ton of fun.

Remove ads