• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

BESM d20 - I think I'm in love

Psion

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
I almost bought it, but it seemed a little thin...

Yeah, well, I thumbed through it at GenCon last year. The art in the deluxe version was simply gorgeous. But it was way too expensive.

I finally decided to do what most people recommend but never do -- settle for the SRD (in this case, the Anime SRD.)

Arani Korden

First Post
Regarding BESM d20 itself - I bought it when it came out, thought it was neat, and then put it on the shelf. I've become intrigued with it again, lately, as the combat system is a bit lighter and more narrative than regular d20 (which pleases me.) And the upcoming Uresia d20 seems pretty neat.

I'm a bit worried about character points adding to character creation and prep time, but on the other hand, BESM d20 lacks a lot of the niggly magic items and +X to something feats that slow down regular d20 character creation for me.

Still thinking.

Tokiwong

First Post
I mainly just want a good Mecha game LOL so it will all depend on how good the Mecha D20 book is for me, then I may just get both in one fell swoop. I own the BESM 2nd Edition whatever... the one in color, and it is gorgeous, just never liked Tri-Stat :)

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
I mainly just want a good Mecha game LOL so it will all depend on how good the Mecha D20 book is for me, then I may just get both in one fell swoop. I own the BESM 2nd Edition whatever... the one in color, and it is gorgeous, just never liked Tri-Stat :)

Don't they have an SRD version of their Mecha D20 rules?

SSquirrel

Explorer
Admittedly I haven't thumbed thru the Mecha or anime d20 SRD files too much, but as far as mecha goes, I really enjoyed the Mecha d20 from Polyhedron. Not OGC, but for just running a mech game it seemed pretty good.

Hagen

Gadodel

First Post
My exposure to Mecha is limited. Though, I picked up D20 Mecha as well. I just thought that it would add more Sci Fi spice to my campaign. And it has, so far; quite well.

Remove ads