D&D 5E Best 5E Sci-Fi Resources

Reynard

Legend
Necroing my own thread because I am currently running a 5E conversion (by me as we go) of PF1E Iron Gods AP. I have UltraModern5Redux for some gear, but it tends to be more "hard science" than some of the Iron Gods stuff. What 5E compatible sci-fi and sci-fa books have great treasure and monsters? Extra points if they have Fantasy Grounds ports.

Yaarel

He Mage
Necroing my own thread because I am currently running a 5E conversion (by me as we go) of PF1E Iron Gods AP. I have UltraModern5Redux for some gear, but it tends to be more "hard science" than some of the Iron Gods stuff. What 5E compatible sci-fi and sci-fa books have great treasure and monsters? Extra points if they have Fantasy Grounds ports.
There is an official Numenera for 5e (instead of its own Cypher System).

It features far-out scifi.

Here is a brief review with a few nice images to give the feel of Numenera.

Also Arcana of the Ancients for 5e Numenera, for monsters and supertech, which I see you know about.

Last edited:

Yaarel

He Mage
For me, one of my go-to 5e settings is modern / near future. Basically like today but artificial intelligence and supertech are possible.

I reflavor standard D&D classes, like Paladin and Wizard, as technological instead of magical.

Feywild and Shadowfell are virtual realities that can overlay real places.

Plus, I occasionally port in or convert mechanics from elsewhere.

My favorite part of this setting is using reallife Google maps as battlemaps.

Weiley31

Legend
For my 5E Sci-Fi stuff: Esper Genesis+Arcana of The Ancients+Beasts of Flesh and Steel+the rest of the Esper Genesis books.

For 5E Doom: Carbon 2185+Return to Planet Apocalypse by Sandy Peterson

Remove ads