• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Best Adventures of All Time

Here is my list:

Secrets of Bone hill
Assassins knot (follow up to SoB)
U1-3 (Saltmarsh series)
Pharoah

D20:

The free d20 modern series "Heartless"
Maiden Voyage
Unhallowed Halls
Seige of Durghams Folly

S'mon

Legend
I haven't played Siege of Durgam's Folly yet, but it does look brilliant & I'm looking forward to it. Maiden Voyage also looks very interesting, although the layout is a bit hard to read with the wave backgrounds.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
tetsujin28 said:
Dwellers of the Forbidden City
We did forbidden city back in '86 after which the Playing Characters moved into the city and made it their base of operations - nineteen years later they are still operating out of it. As stated above, "setting" module have great reuse value to them - we've done B2 four times!

Staffan

Legend
This is where I bring out my rant about the greatness that is Dragon's Crown, right?

Dragon's Crown is the best adventure I've seen. It's honkin' big (288 pages spread over three books plus a map booklet - and that doesn't include the poster map, the pregen characters, or the short story that comes with), but unlike many big adventures (like Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil), it's not just a big dungeon crawl. Instead, the PCs have to travel from one end of the setting to the other, and back again, encountering lots of stuff that really showcases the setting in the process. Don't get me wrong, there are some dungeons here and there, but it doesn't have that interminable "slog through the big dungeon" feel some other big adventures have.

Hussar

Legend
Silver Moon said:
My two classic favorites are B2: The Keep on the Borderlands and X1: Isle of Dread.

Seconded. Or thirded, or whatever, since these two certainly rank up there pretty high.

Of the d20 stuff, well, take a look at the sig and guess. :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads