D&D 5E Best and worst of 5E

Nebulous

Legend
I prefer the Dyson Logos maps for in-person play, and the Mike Schley maps for online play with VTT. The black and white utilitarian maps are easy to transfer to a wet erase battle mat, but on a VTT they’re far too sparse to be interesting, and can be a little unclear.

I like to take pictures during our games and then do a recap afterward. The nice color maps look SO much better than if I had sketched it out on a grid. The maps they have now are not even worth printing.

WVVH7Om.jpg

Nebulous

Legend
Seems odd too, that WotC pushes a line of VERY expensive miniature toys, but they don't follow up with the actual maps to push those toys around on. I think they could make a bundle of money selling maps. I know I would purchase them.

Nebulous

Legend
Best: Curse of Strahd. Because it takes quite possibly one of my top three adventures of all time and expands it out fantastically, in my opinion. I almost never run adventures more than once, but this is one of the few I'd love to run again with a new group.

I think this is what I will run next after Phandelver. A couple years ago I ran the original Ravenloft 1e and adapted it to 5e (which was very easy to do). It was a blast, I think it was a 12 hour session. I would be eager to go back to that world and explore it in much more depth.

Remove ads