• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Best Armor in D&D

What is your favorite D&D armor?

• Padded

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Leather

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Studded Leather

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Hide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chain Shirt

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Scale Mail

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Breastplate

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • Half Plate

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • Ring Mail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chain Mail

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Splint

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Plate

Votes: 28 27.2%

• Poll closed .

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Coolest is Coin armor, a variant of the scale armor that exist to put your swag on for more bling-bling

[sblock]

coin armor.jpg

*from AD&D2nd edition Arms & Equipment [/sblock]

Last edited:

G

Guest 6801328

Wouldn't it be nice if armor choices were as subject to preference/playstyle/tradeoffs as, say, where we spend our ASI's? Instead of just "more gold = better armor" it would make for interesting decisions if armor had more variables, and there were actual trade-offs to be made. Most of the existing variables just don't really matter, other than preventing certain OP builds. I.e., in general nobody who can wear heavy armor cares about stealth anyway.

Christian

Explorer
And, for the record, the female version of a chain shirt is a chain shirt.

Hey, babe, you wearing anything under that chain shirt? Looks like you got some pretty loose links there, if you know what I mean, wink wink.

Um, nice greatsword, too. [To DM] I Withdraw to prevent an Attack of Opportunity.

DM Howard

Explorer
I voted chainmail as I tend to play defender type characters or Clerics, but I would give Chain Shirt a close second for me due to versatility as others have stated above.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads