Best.Character.Name.Evar!!!!!!!!111!!

Rugger

Explorer
Re: names

ejja_1 said:
Zed P. Barnhuas- Human Fighter, when asked what his middle initial stood for his patent answer was always " Well it sure as hell don't stand for Pussy."

LOL! :D

I can SOOOOO picture one of my players saying that in his trademark deadpan...

-Rugger
"I Lurk!"

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Man...people seem to love comedy/pun names. I'd send you back and make you re-do them in my campaign ;)

If anyone showed up to my D&D game with a "Hairybutt Beerguzzler" or "Zoobilee Zoobilee Zoo" or "Gimmy Lotzagold" (or really anything that was intended to 'lighten the mood' of my game while ignoring my campiagn's naming conventions) I would not be happy.

Anyway, here are mine. They aren't funny :)

• Vulnificus: My Flambeau Mage/Knight Crusader from my friend's Ars Magica campaign. His mundane name: Count Vado Radaleszcu (he was Romanian). The Latin translation of the wordVulnificus is inflicter of wounds.
  • Zhandhalar: My Fighter/Barbarian from a different friend's 3E game. His barbarian tribe's naming conventions were that the person's given name was the first syllable of the name ("Zhan" in this case), the second syllable was the tribal affiliation ("Dhal") and the final syllable was a gender desriptor ( -ar for men, -ul for women). So the woman Mel from the Kord tribe would be named Melkordul.
  • Red Meraxes: My red-half dragon from the first friend's munchkin-ass Planescape 3E game. Jesus he was tough.

more to come as/if I think of them

Orryn Emrys

Explorer
Names seemed to be one of the strong points of my last campaign. The players came up with some great ones:

Rhiannon Daymor: a simple village woman who fulfilled an ancient prophecy and is now the Empress of Estiri.

Terathramus Allasynieth ("Rath" for short): her half-celestial consort and a Divine Agent of Azaria (a home-brew goddess).

Rhoruc Rockbinder: a dwarven cleric of a god named Kromus; he dropped the surname after being reincarnated as a human paladin.

Khazdand: a dwarven priest of Allaghandum. His grandson was named Khorduun.

Zabora: a human barbarian swordswoman, now the Red Queen of Westshire.

Taluun: a rather eccentric young mage.

And some of my villains:

Taimen: a Great Red Wyrm whose name struck fear into the hearts of the heroes throughout most of the campaign. The final battle of the campaign, after four years of gaming, was against the Great Dragon.

Shadus: the Black Magus.

Firmisti: the Dark Queen.

Jorin Tigrath: the Doomed Swordsman.

Dhorvel: the Grey Dwarf.

Lots of other great names. I was really proud... it made the campaign seem so much more... authentic. The characters felt more believable.

AuroraGyps

First Post
Killashandra Breezedancer- Kagonesti from DL 5th age
Calandra St. Auburn- human fighter from D&D
Taniquil Goldengrove-elven druid from D&D
Marigold "Goldie"- halfling rogue from D&D
Columbine "Cole" Escarevage-Wicce from Witchcraft

and Lady Zealia "Zeal" of the House of Dewender- Chaosite assasin from Amber DRPG..... a name so good, I named my cat after her ;)

None of these are as good as some real names I've heard at work. Howzabout Tycoon Tandy? Or Millionaire J. Mourvoisier? Or a little Jon D. Universal? Or the unfortunate Mrs. Veronica Vergina?

The topper was one I saw yesterday. This family's name was Deathrage. That is freakin' awesome.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
None of these are as good as some real names I've heard at work...

What line of work are you in?

And yes, Deathrage is an awesome name...but i'll bet you anything they pronounce it DETH-ridge :(

Arc

First Post
New fav NPC name: Notmilo Sovich. A Serbian general that the party assasinated in a Spycraft game. Took the party a good 2 hours to catch onto the name (I always refered to him as General Sovich, or Notmilo, and they thought it was ethnic)

Terry Edwards

Best name? That's a toss up between my reformed cleric prostitute "Days O'work" and the dwarven fighter played by Jon "the orgy guy" Faix that went by the name of "Kernel Runchy Nuts."

The explanation of why they are my favorites is simple, they made me laugh whenever the name was uttered.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
How about...
Che Clivera, the bartender and occasional hostage
Murderkill McHacknslash, the CE dwarven fighter with a movement speed of 5
Urigaunt, the oozemaster. The name just sounded appropriatly slimy.

Demiurge out.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
One of my players called his PC Sir Mojo Rising, male human paladin (skyrider)! No... I'm not kidding.

At the time, I didn't know what the connection was. ;)

My favorite PC name was and still is Spears, male half-orc fighter!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases