Best Cover Songs of All Time

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Seu Jorge is a Brazilian musician and actor who is- among other things- a HUGE David Bowie fan. He did a few songs that made the final onscreen cut for The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

And that didn’t scratch all the Bowie stuff he recorded at the time.

Seu Jorge's "Starman" got me back into playing guitar. I owe it to him specifically. I saw him here in Minneapolis its one of my most cherished musical experiences.

Bowie was my inspiration before that.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Seu Jorge is a Brazilian musician and actor who is- among other things- a HUGE David Bowie fan. He did a few songs that made the final onscreen cut for The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

And that didn’t scratch all the Bowie stuff he recorded at the time.

I got to see him live doing all his Bowie songs! Tons of people in the audience were wearing orange beanies. Great concert!

Haiku Elvis

Knuckle-dusters, glass jaws and wooden hearts.
I love me some Bacharach & David.
Two versions of Walk on by.
It's tight but I'd call it a score draw with the Stranglers taking it on the away goals rule.

I'll keep this brief as a) its not exactly on topic. And b) I'm slightly drunk but given the Bacharach love up thread I just want to say I just got me a ticket to see Dionne Warick next month.

The end.

Zardnaar

Legend
While it’s not a cover in the truest sense of the word, Soundgarden’s version of Black Sabbath’s “Into the Void” is about as good as it could be.

Been using YouTube to watch a lot of early Soundgarden.

Kinda missed them first time round. Second best vocalist in metal?

Remove ads