• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

best form for a 5th level druid?

glass

(he, him)
Ballard_Alvar said:
WS doesn't give Rac Bonus Feats, but you could train you riding dog comanion or black bear companion to track for you.

I doesn't? Are you sure about that?

I'll have to have another look.

EDIT: Well there's nothing in the wildshape description that says it doesn't grant bonus feats, so it does, unless polymorph doesn't either. Better go and chack that too

glass.

Last edited:

mikebr99

Explorer
Ballard_Alvar said:
WS doesn't give Rac Bonus Feats, but you could train you riding dog comanion or black bear companion to track for you.
Sure it does...

WS uses Polymorph, which uses Alter Self
SRD said:
You acquire the physical qualities of the new form while retaining your own mind. Physical qualities include natural size, mundane movement capabilities (such as burrowing, climbing, walking, swimming, and flight with wings, to a maximum speed of 120 feet for flying or 60 feet for nonflying movement), natural armor bonus, natural weapons (such as claws, bite, and so on), racial skill bonuses, racial bonus feats, and any gross physical qualities (presence or absence of wings, number of extremities, and so forth). A body with extra limbs does not allow you to make more attacks (or more advantageous twoweapon attacks) than normal.
I've highlited the specific reference from the spell...

Mike

glass

(he, him)
glass said:
EDIT: Well there's nothing in the wildshape description that says it doesn't grant bonus feats, so it does, unless polymorph doesn't either. Better go and chack that too.

I finally followed the chain and tracked it down. Wildshape is based on Polymorph, which is based on Alter Self, which says:

SRD said:
You acquire the physical qualities of the new form while retaining your own mind. Physical qualities include natural size, mundane movement capabilities (such as burrowing, climbing, walking, swimming, and flight with wings, to a maximum speed of 120 feet for flying or 60 feet for nonflying movement), natural armor bonus, natural weapons (such as claws, bite, and so on), racial skill bonuses, racial bonus feats, and any gross physical qualities (presence or absence of wings, number of extremities, and so forth). A body with extra limbs does not allow you to make more attacks (or more advantageous two-weapon attacks) than normal.
(emphasis mine).

So, you do get racial bonus feats in wildshape!

glass.

Yarkul said:
The crocodile is rather nice too with its d12+6 tail slap, bit slow though (20ft.). That or leopard i guess.
That tail slap has to be a mistake... no possible reason why a crocodile's tail slap should be more effective than its bite, or why a Medium creature should have a natural attack that does 1d12.

mikebr99

Explorer
Brother MacLaren said:
That tail slap has to be a mistake... no possible reason why a crocodile's tail slap should be more effective than its bite, or why a Medium creature should have a natural attack that does 1d12.
SHHHHHH!

Ok people... keep moving. Nothing to see here.

Mike

Remove ads