Best online tabletop game progam

bolen

First Post
Today I played my first tabletop RPG game on the internet with some old buddies. We used Skype for talking and a program called Gametable for the tabletop game. Has anyone else done this? what program did you use?

Flynn

First Post
We have occasionally gamed using Fantasy Grounds and Teamspeak, a great combination. :) It's not quite face-to-face, but it's close enough to enjoy a great evening of adventure with friends.

With Regards,
Flynn

Kahuna Burger

First Post
We seem to have these threads fairly regularly (not that there's anything wrong with that). It makes me wonder if there is enough interest to have a forum or sub forum for virtual table top / online rpg discussions?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
hrm, not a lot of current support for gametable... is it one of those where one person has to host a server on their home computer?

You know, RPGtonight would have a great model if their actual tabletop didn't suck quite so badly.... ;) (a website with the virtual tabletop there to host games for anyone who logs in, without needing to install anything).

Hussar

Legend
Kahuna - yeah, I could agree with that. I took a look at RPGTonight, and the interface is just so bad. I like the concept, that way you wouldn't have to worry about what kind of OS people are running. But, yeah, it's just bloody ugly.

Festivus

First Post
Battlegrounds has a really useful link with all sorts of stuff for online play, including links to all the pay and free table tops out there.

http://battlegroundsgames.com/links.html

My preference is for Fantasy Grounds. Even though it's a bit more expensive than some of the others, at the time I was comparing it had the easiest user interface. I don't know if this is true any longer as I haven't looked in almost two years at anything other than FG. I will say that the latest release of Fantasy Grounds (2) is far superior to it's prior edition in terms of stability, features, and overall ease of use.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I started a Meta forum thread on having a VTT forum, maybe in the gaming talk section or a subforum of the Software one or both. It would be nice to start discussions on specific play by chat topics, and also have all the "which VTT is better [for X]" threads all in one place.

Remove ads