Better Battle Master Beta v0.1

Pauln6

Hero
Personally, I say scrap superiority dice entirely. They really don't add much to the battlemaster except for additional rolling and an unnecessary waste of game time.

Rolling extra dice can be a pain, but a lot of the sub-classes are built around the superiority dice. I'm a fan of giving fighters more dice and more manoeuvres but any changes need to cut across the sub-classes equally I think.

Ashkelon

First Post
Rolling extra dice can be a pain, but a lot of the sub-classes are built around the superiority dice. I'm a fan of giving fighters more dice and more manoeuvres but any changes need to cut across the sub-classes equally I think.

Easy solution to that, change all mentions of superiority dice for any subclass that uses them from dice to stamina.

If you would roll superiority dice for damage, instead do not.
If you would roll a die for a non damage effect, instead use your proficiency bonus.

Gain one additional stamina each time the subclass gains a new, and 2 additional stamina at the first subclass level.

For the fighter, they start off with 6 stamina, gain 1 more at 7, another at 10, another at 15, and one more at 18, for a total of 10 stamina at level 18.

Relentless grants 2 stamina recovered.

Pauln6

Hero
Easy solution to that, change all mentions of superiority dice for any subclass that uses them from dice to stamina.

If you would roll superiority dice for damage, instead do not.
If you would roll a die for a non damage effect, instead use your proficiency bonus.

Gain one additional stamina each time the subclass gains a new, and 2 additional stamina at the first subclass level.

For the fighter, they start off with 6 stamina, gain 1 more at 7, another at 10, another at 15, and one more at 18, for a total of 10 stamina at level 18.

Relentless grants 2 stamina recovered.

I'm nervous about this. Giving for example a flat +6 to attack rolls monkeys with bounded accuracy a bit. With +1d12 there is still a chance for failure.

Remove ads