Beyond the Rerisen Tower(DM Iron Sky, Judge: renau1g)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Waiting for [MENTION=85493]ronakshah2000[/MENTION] and [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]. I'll update tomorrow (or tonight if they both post by then).

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Kaz will act last just in case anyone move closer to him.

Kaz rushes over to the avatar and calls upon the strength of his friends nearby. He swings his axe and it hacks into the Avatar, destroying some ravens that make up its form. Next he slashes it again, trying to teleport it into the pit, but it resists his divine magic.

[sblock=actions]
Minor:Cale: Paint a bullseye. 21 vs AC: hit Avatar takes 7 damage and gains vulnerable 3 all start of Cale's next turn.

Move:K15

Standard: Strength of Many
Effect: Kaz gets +2 to damage for each ally within 2 squares, EONT.
18 vs AC, 4+5+5(reroll)+9+2(aspect of might)+4(2 allies correct?)+vulnerable 3=32 damage.

ACTION POINT:
Standard:Sequestering Strike: 22 vs ac, 11+[URL="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2934685/"]4[/URL](reroll)+9+2(aspect of might)+4(2 allies?)+vulnerable 3=33 damage. Harmful teleport save succeeded.

[sblock=stat block]
Kaz Male Elf Avenger 5,
Initiative: +5, Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Low Light
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:19
HP:5+52/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:3/9
Action Points: 1
Basic Attack Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe+1, +7 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage (+1d12 on crit, 19-20 threat against undead, +1d6 when bloodied, reroll 1&2 damage)

Powers:
Bond of Pursuit
Overwhelming Strike

Angelic Alacrity
Oath of Enmity
Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance
Sequestering Strike
Avenger's Resolve
Second Wind
Elven Accuracy

Amulet of Life +1
Aspect of Might
Strength of Many
Battlecrazed Executioner's Axe +1

Conditions:
Non-elf allys within 5 square get +1 to perception.

If oath target moves away willingly, +6 damage to next attack. (Censure of Pursuit)

Can shift through difficult terrain (wild step)

+2 to Defense, +1d6 damage if bloodied (equipment)

+5 to athletic checks, +2 to speed and +2 to melee attack damage.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Ouch. The avatar has taken a serious beating this turn. Good work all.

DM: Would you allow a Nature check to disrupt the ritual, maybe at a penalty or as a standard action instead of a minor action?

Yishim sees his allies closing in around the Avatar, and raises the orb of the Golden Goddess above his head. A pulse of power emanates from the orb, wracking the Avatar with radiant damage. Yishim and his allies see their wounds close up and energies restored.

As he moves back to the tomb, Yishim sees a weakness in the raven god's incantation. By exploiting it, he's able to dissipate much of the energy.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Greater Orb does 16 radiant to Avatar and heals 14 to all within 10 of my location. Rolls
Move: H9
Minor: Arcana (1d20+12=25) Counterspell 2/3.[/sblock]
[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 5
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19, Fort:14, Reflex:19, Will:18, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:31/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:4/6
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Orb of Insurmountable Force, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Brooch of Shielding
Other: Deathwalker's Boon, Resplendent Gloves[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Dark Temple, Round 8

The Avatar, though temporarily blinded by Scarm's blade, screams and blasts out at everyone. The fabric of reality ripples and explodes in the air all around, sending debris falling from the ceiling, blowing holes in the cave, and nearly blowing Livia in half in the process. Those furthest away manage to avoid the worst of it, but Eithal, Kaz, and Fredrock face the air literally exploding in their faces.

Snarling, she grabs onto Kaz's shoulder, though he strikes her in the process, and blasts him into the pit.

As if responding to Scarm's call, a familiar voices whispers weakly in your heads.

-kill her now, this body is weak and the gods will be banished from this world if it is destroyed... the last bit of me that is human is dying... finish what you've started... finish... fin... fin...-

The voice fades to nothing and the Avatar's body ripples and twists with dark power, seeming to grow larger even as its human blood sears away in the heat of the pit. Screaming shadows tear through the room and the walls begin to shake with the power of the undead gods trapped in the sorceress' body.

Livia, coughing up blood, speaks for the last time.

"Thanks for coming for me and Cale. It's an honor to die beside you all... I was afraid I might be dying alone or worse." She smiles. "Get her for me, I..."

The Seeker lies still and moves no more.

GM: Xeterog, the Avatar lost its 10 resist when the second crystal was destroyed. You guys are doing full damage now.

Eithal takes 1d10=4 fire damage reduced to 1 for entering the H13-N18 area. Also, the Avatar is undead.

Kaz takes 1d10=7 reduced to 4 fire damage from entering the fire area. Fredrock was the only ally within 2. He also takes 5 fire damage reduced to 2 and grants CA to the Avatar for moving adjacent to her.

I'll let Nature be used either as a Standard action or a minor action with a -5 penalty.

Note, she's a solo, so +5 to all saves.

Is the damage taken from getting your spirit disrupted reducable by DR? I'm assuming yes, but let me know @Dekana.

Kaz's OA vs Avatar(+2 CA, -2 prone): 2d20+7=22 AC, hit, 1d12+3=8 damage.

Kaz will take 2d10 fire damage at the start of his turn. Athletics 12 to climb out.

You guys did 181 damage to her this round. :confused:

[sblock=Ritual]The ritual can be counterspelled and delayed 1 round with a Minor Action DC 20 Arcana or Religion check(max one check per round per PC) while adjacent to the altar or one of the tombs. In place of a normal roll, a PC may make roll Aid Another.

Nature may be substituted, but at -5 to the check or as a standard action.

The ritual is to awaken the Hungerer Kings. It will take 4 more rounds to complete but if two more counterspell checks hit DC 25 or higher ritual will be disrupted entirely.[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana or Religion 20, minor action, while adjacent to the altar]It looks like the altar is also has a ritual that is responsible for the Avatar's teleport and fire resistance. As a minor action once per round per PC, a PC may make a Religion or Arcana DC20 check to suppress her fire resistance or temporarily cut-off her teleportation ability or two minor actions to attempt both.

A PC may attempt either or both while adjacent to the altar, but please specify in your roll which one you are attempting.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Avatar of Ravens: Reactive Detonate(when attacked by Fredrock): Detonate(range 20): 17 Reflex vs Fredrock, hit, 10 damage reduced to 7 and slide 1 reduced to 0. Stand up. Detonation Frenzy(close burst 10): Detonation(-5 blind, -2 more to Cale and Livia(cover), +2 vs Kaz(CA)): CRIT vs Livia, 14 Reflex vs Yishim, miss, 10 Reflex vs Toeto, miss, 18 Reflex vs Kaz, hit, 9 Reflex vs Scarm, miss, 16 Reflex vs Eithal, hit, hit, 18 Reflex vs Fredrock, hit, 8 Reflex vs Cale, miss. 33 damage vs Livia, 24 damage reduced to 21 vs Kaz, Eithal and Fredrock and slide 1(reduced to 0 for Fredrock). Eithal's save vs sliding into the pit: 19, saved, prone, Kaz's save: 19, saved, prone. Detonate Chain: Detonate(range 20, -5 blind, -2 marked, +2 CA): 19 Reflex vs Kaz, hit, 24 damage reduced to 21 and slide 1. Kaz's save vs falling: 6, fail, fall, taking 1 reduced to 0 damage for spikes, 9 reduced to 6 damage for the fall, 7 reduced to 4 damage from the heat at the base of the pit.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Scarm: G16, 2 damage taken, DR3, Phase of the Stars, regen 2 bloodied(end to heal 13)
Eithal: H16, 25 damage taken, DR3, regen 2 bloodied(end to heal 13), prone
Kaz: L14(2 squares down), 51 damage taken, grants CA to Avatar, regen 5 bloodied, DR3, Aspect of Might, prone
Fredrock: L16, 34 damage taken, bloodied, regen 5 bloodied, DR3, Beckoning Strike Stance, regen 2 bloodied(end to heal 13)
Toeto: I9, DR3, regen 2 bloodied(end to heal 13)
*Sprout: H16(1 square up)
Yishim: H9, 3 damage taken, DR3, regen 2 bloodied(end to heal 13)

Cale: P24, 56 damage taken, bloodied
Cale: Max HP 60, AC 21, Fort 18, Ref 16, Will 17. [sblock=Powers]MBA - Viper's Strike(standard action): +12 vs AC, 1d12+3 damage and the target gains Vulnerable 3 until the end of Cale's next turn, RBA - Paint the Bullseye(Ranged 20, standard action): +10 vs AC, 1d10+1 damage and the target gains vulnerable 3 to all attacks until the end of Cale's next turn. Inspiring Word x 2(minor action, close burst 5, one creature in burst), the target heals surge + 1d6. Second Wind(standard action): Cale heals 15 hp and gains +2 defenses until the start of his next turn.[/sblock]

Livia: dead

: J15, 197 damage taken, bloodied, blind, vulnerable 3, marked(Fredrock), Oath(Kaz)
Avatar of Ravens: Max HP ??, AC 17, Fort 16, Ref 17, Will 17, Resist 10 fire, 10 necrotic, Vulnerable 5 radiant, undead. Powers - MBA ??, Burning Ravens(Aura 1): Any creature that enters or starts its turn in the aura takes 5 fire damage and grants CA to the Avatar until the end of the Avatar's next turn.

Crystals destroyed: 2

Statues Destroyed: 2

Ritual: 2/3 Counterspells, 4 rounds until completion[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and lighting]Pillars: they do not occupy squares, but it is difficult terrain in any square the white touches. They provide cover.

Flaming Pit: Any creature that enters or starts its turn in the area between H13 and N18 takes 1d10 fire damage. The pit is 10' deep. Any creature falling in takes 1d10 falling damage, 1d10 damage from the spikes and 1d10 damage from the fire. Starting your turn in the fire pit inflicts an extra 1d10 damage(2d10 total). Climbing out takes a DC 12 Athletics(climb) check.

Cliffs to the Statues: The cliffs are 10' tall and require DC 15 Athletics checks to climb.

Lighting: Thanks to Yishim's sunrod, the whole place is brightly lit.

Altar: The altar in the back takes an Athletics check DC10 and 2 squares of movement to climb on top of. It provides cover.[/sblock]

Attachments

• FinalKombat Round 8.jpg
    FinalKombat Round 8.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: hmm. did we get sent back in time (that would be interesting idea for a combat) Also, I didn't get next to the Avatar last turn--had to use a PP to extend Bull's strength's reach to hit him

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Heh, whoops. Hey, you guys want to fight some demons instead? Both combats are in round 8, so I grabbed the wrong .jpg.

Also forgot to update everyone's coordinates, I'll do that now.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I don't see anything in the spirit companion power along the lines of "damage cannot be reduced," so I'll say the DR is effective. Although, the SC can only be targeted by melee or ranged attacks - not bursts. So he might not be affected at all anyway. (Let me know, because I'll have to resummon Sprout if it does hit him).

Poor Livia, after all that. Does she still get until negative bloodied before dying, or is that only for PCs? The greater orb's healing would have kept her at least in that range.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Although, the SC is only be targeted by melee or ranged attacks - not bursts.

Poor Livia, after all that. Does she still get until negative bloodied before dying, or is that only for PCs?

GM: Right, Sprout is still around, in the square above Eithal.

Livia, as an NPC, dies at 0. She is teh deadz0r. Added her final words above.

Last edited:

Remove ads