• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

jgsugden

Legend
More detail?
Palworld is essentially what would happen in a Pokemon world if people (and Pokemon) reacted more 'realistically' (read - depraved).

A number of the streamers that have been running BG3 for months are suddenly running this game instead.

I really feel like BG3 is a classic. While it has some small degree of titillations, for the most part it is a fun adventure game that takes itself mostly seriously. It just feels wrong to see it being displaced in the public eye by this confluence of groan worthy material.

Zardnaar

Legend
Palworld is essentially what would happen in a Pokemon world if people (and Pokemon) reacted more 'realistically' (read - depraved).

A number of the streamers that have been running BG3 for months are suddenly running this game instead.

I really feel like BG3 is a classic. While it has some small degree of titillations, for the most part it is a fun adventure game that takes itself mostly seriously. It just feels wrong to see it being displaced in the public eye by this confluence of groan worthy material.

I'm not a snob lol people like what they like.

Sex and violence always wins. I never got Pokemon it's been popular for a long time.

jgsugden

Legend
I'm not a snob lol people like what they like.
Nice backhanded way to call me a snob for bringing it up.
Sex and violence always wins. I never got Pokemon it's been popular for a long time.
You're kind of missing my point. There is cognitive dissidence on behalf of the community when the majority group eye goes from a thoughtful, deep and compelling game filled with mastercraft storytelling to a brainless snickerfest filled with sex starved slave monsters and brainless violence. We all know there is an audience for this type of game - and I'm sure I'd enjoy it on some levels - but it just doesn't feel right to go between these games in the same way it doesn't to go from the opera to a strip club.

Zardnaar

Legend
Nice backhanded way to call me a snob for bringing it up. You're kind of missing my point. There is cognitive dissidence on behalf of the community when the majority group eye goes from a thoughtful, deep and compelling game filled with mastercraft storytelling to a brainless snickerfest filled with sex starved slave monsters and brainless violence. We all know there is an audience for this type of game - and I'm sure I'd enjoy it on some levels - but it just doesn't feel right to go between these games in the same way it doesn't to go from the opera to a strip club.

Well we had several people backhand insult people who like Pokemon. Pokemons not my thing but it's been popular for almost 30 years, 25 outside Japan.

If you're gonna get beaten by sonething no shame in losing to Pokemon. I don't give a rats noodle about Pokemon but it's popular.

You're insulting it again right here. Sex and violence is popular as well.

Why is BG more popular than 5E? Sex ad violence probably has something to do with it as well.b

Zardnaar

Legend
Well our restart games have reached act 3 on tactician. 1st playthrough was to easy so gave up and we weren't exactly using meta builds.

Eife built long rest parties I built short rest. Kind of switched them around on restart.

Here main is a Bard with two levels of life cleric. Early on fighter and warlocks and Asterion as MVP playing a Monk.

I chose a Sorlock as I wanted a charisma based Striker. Respected a couple of times as charisma based classes. Other main build was a Frost sorcerer which was very deadly but caused issues with the rest of the party.

Most ignored character is Wyll followed by Shadowheart. Asterisks both our favorites.

Shadowheart got ignored as wife's first playthrough was as a light cleric. Mine was short rest endurance based so I respecced her as a life cleric then dumped her iirc.

Wife loved Karlach I'm more neutral. I've made her as a Paladin, Laezel continues to be a fighter who gets rebuilt a lot.

Rogues kinda bad beyond a 3 level dip. Both love bards that extra song of rest is nice.

Wife's first to really abuse the illithid powers, I'm using them a little bit. I went down alchemy route and hireling abuse first. One hirelings a level 2 transmuter, life cleric 7, rogue 1 with skill focus medicine. Potions of speed.

By the end of act 2 I was over undead and Shar related drama.

Charisma classes are hard to get away from espicially bards. Skill focus persuasion and sleight of hand is nice.

jgsugden

Legend
Well we had several people backhand insult people who like Pokemon. Pokemons not my thing but it's been popular for almost 30 years, 25 outside Japan.

If you're gonna get beaten by sonething no shame in losing to Pokemon. I don't give a rats noodle about Pokemon but it's popular.
It also is not this. This, itself, is a Palworld is a parady of Pokemon.
You're insulting it again right here. Sex and violence is popular as well.

Why is BG more popular than 5E? Sex ad violence probably has something to do with it as well.b
Again, you're entirely missing my point. Reread my last response and consider it if you'd like to understand how.

Zardnaar

Legend
It also is not this. This, itself, is a Palworld is a parady of Pokemon.Again, you're entirely missing my point. Reread my last response and consider it if you'd like to understand how.

Doesn't really matter what it is I didn't know it wasn't Pokemon.

BG3 wasn't going to maintain its popularity forever who cares what displaces it? People have different tastes who cares if it Palworld or if Dry Toast the RPG displaces it.

Remove ads