• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Zardnaar

Legend
Why did Gale sacrifice himself? I couldn't get him on the party for the final fight, and he seemed to be fine afterwards.

DC 30 persuasion check for me. Had him in the party.

You avoid the last fight apparently very good to do on honor mode. I'm on tactician.

Reloaded and refought didn't understand how allies worked and party composition wasn't ideal.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
After taking a bit of a break from BG3, I’m back with a new campaign, this time starting as a Half Wood Elf Open Hands Monk. But this time I’m not using any companions. I killed/ignored them so far. Lae’zel and Astarion are dead and I ignored Shadowheart and Wyll.

I just finished the Dank Crypt and am currently halfway through level 3. I’ve had to reload a lot of the fights a few times before finally winning. I’m trying to avoid cheesing battles with barrelmancy and stuff like that.

Currently stuck on the Harpy fight. Don’t really care about Mirkon, just want to kill these things. Might wait until level 4 or 5 to finish it if the next few tries don’t work.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Beat honor mode on PS5. Going mostly my own builds vs meta. Gale didn't survive. Evil dark urge game. On PS5 0.4% have the achievement

Final party.

Tav.
Level 5 Warlock/7 Paladin.

Ascended Asterion. Shadow Monk 6, champion fighter 3, roguethief 3. Critical hit build.

Shadowheart Life Cleric 6/ tempest Sorcerer 6 pure support.

Gale Invoker 12. Magic missile machine gun.

Gale was only last fight normally used Minthara. She was a warlock 5/assassin 5/fighter 2 using twin daggers and Bhaalist armor.

I was not confident vs Ansur or Raphael skipped them. More meta builds required.

Playing evil dark urge was like kicking yourself in the love spuds over and over espicually early. Missed a few key items in Act I and II for example as everyone was dead. Eg Waiparas Crown, Potent Robes, anything Dammon sells etc.

My builds in ACT3 were built around seeing in magical darkness, high mobility and being immune to blindness.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Update on my Dark Urge Solo Monk:

I’m almost done with Act 1. All I have left are Grym and the Mountain Pass. I am now level 6, so each of my punches deals 1d6+1d4+8 damage (average of 14, and I can make 3 on a normal turn, 4 if I use Flurry of Blows, 2 more with a Potion of Speed, 2 more with Bloodlust Elixir). I also have the Darkstalker Mantle from killing the Dragonborn Bard as the Dark Urge, so if I kill an enemy, I turn invisible and can end combat, surprise the remaining enemies, and repeat until all enemies are dead. This is my main solution for killing large groups of enemies, like the Goblins or Duergar. I’m taking a small break from this run. The combat gets a bit repetitive and not having any companions makes the game a lot less enjoyable, IME.

Zardnaar

Legend
Update on my Dark Urge Solo Monk:

I’m almost done with Act 1. All I have left are Grym and the Mountain Pass. I am now level 6, so each of my punches deals 1d6+1d4+8 damage (average of 14, and I can make 3 on a normal turn, 4 if I use Flurry of Blows, 2 more with a Potion of Speed, 2 more with Bloodlust Elixir). I also have the Darkstalker Mantle from killing the Dragonborn Bard as the Dark Urge, so if I kill an enemy, I turn invisible and can end combat, surprise the remaining enemies, and repeat until all enemies are dead. This is my main solution for killing large groups of enemies, like the Goblins or Duergar. I’m taking a small break from this run. The combat gets a bit repetitive and not having any companions makes the game a lot less enjoyable, IME.

Knocked out Alfira?

Started new honor mode run. Plan is redeemed dark urge and romance Gale as I feel bad about blowing him up.

Wood Elf fighter (archer) as dark urge. Plan is to go to level 11 or 12 battlemaster and respec as a champion fighter 11/war cleric 1 and use special arrows to get critical and equipment for status effects. Titan strength bow until I can get this.

Remove ads